Got my jet back from rehab- The Wave

Okay.  Fine.  We’re all sitting here reading about how you’re having a grand time flying around with your several jet bros in your big boy toys while Little Dude has been stuck in that damn raft - for what? A year? - waiting to be picked up by a Coast Guard chopper you seem to have forgotten to build.  I’m all in favor of a little R&R and some S&Gs but Little Dude is probably getting a mite petulant by now.  I mean, just sayin’ in case you forgot and all.

I getcha brother! I moved the household to Iowa..still boxes everywhere and setting up the new house- the shop is almost done, and I am SO ready to get back at the bench. Little dude is gonna have to hang tough for a few more until I get a workbench set up- but I’m close!

cheers

P

13 hours ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Okay.  Fine.  We’re all sitting here reading about how you’re having a grand time flying around with your several jet bros in your big boy toys while Little Dude has been stuck in that damn raft - for what? A year? - waiting to be picked up by a Coast Guard chopper you seem to have forgotten to build.  I’m all in favor of a little R&R and some S&Gs but Little Dude is probably getting a mite petulant by now.  I mean, just sayin’ in case you forgot and all.

for anyone wondering, here’s what OBG is teasing me about-

Little dude

Check this out-

My “fourth” kid- not mine genetically, but we’ve been very tight ever since his Dad, who was one of my best friends, past away when Max was very young. Here he is in my helmet:

dj8Mdrd.jpg

and in the back of my jet-

7ejUiWd.png

Then as a Marine in the T-45

CxCGDlN.jpg

and now at F-35 school-

YginadS.jpg

how awesome is that?

P

7 minutes ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Can’t wait to hear what HE thinks of the F-35 since he is actually occupying the seat and is not a bunch of wannabes like the rest of us.

yes-

I tried to talk him into flying the Hornet so he could learn the finer points of the sport of kings- dogfighting with a gun.

But the F-35 was his first choice- super psyched for him!

P

35 minutes ago, MARU5137 said:

AWESOME!

what may seem impossible  is possible .

The boy(gentleman) did well .

:bow:

Max's Father would be so proud of his son  as you are Pete being a "surrogate " Dad.

Good job .

:clap2:

M, you do know how to bring a tear to the eye.  I doubt if anyone else on this site could have said that better.