Any use for old business cards?

CANicoll

From a previous position I have boxes of old business cards that are not useful any longer.  Does anyone have an idea of what they can be used for, before they hit the recycling bin?

Thanks! Chris

4 hours ago, MikeC said:

Hand-held masks when you need such a thing - I do occasionally, just to cover up something I don't want to expose to overspray.  Very useful for shading ribs on wings etc which have them visible.

Absolutely. I tend to use index cards a lot, but business cards are also pretty handy for quickie masking jobs.

I too have a *hit load of cards. The back I use for quick lists of what I need when I go to my LHS. Pieces of paper get lost. Also:  Spray masks,  squeegeeing white glue, testing colors mixes (cut square hole and hover over color I am trying to match),  fix small parts with tape for painting,  label parts drawer fronts. 

On 7/20/2020 at 10:18 AM, MikeC said:

Hand-held masks when you need such a thing - I do occasionally, just to cover up something I don't want to expose to overspray.  Very useful for shading ribs on wings etc which have them visible.

Oh, this is a good one!! Thanks Mike!

On 7/20/2020 at 9:33 PM, Rick Griewski said:

I too have a *hit load of cards. The back I use for quick lists of what I need when I go to my LHS. Pieces of paper get lost. Also:  Spray masks,  squeegeeing white glue, testing colors mixes (cut square hole and hover over color I am trying to match),  fix small parts with tape for painting,  label parts drawer fronts. 

Testing mixed paint colors is EXACTLY a problem I'm having now - great idea!  Ditto the drawer labels...  Thanks Rick!