1/32 P-47D Razorback.....to bomb or not to bomb

Hello all, I hope you all have been surviving lockdown by modelling-on.....this is the second Jug of lockdown. 

I set about Trumpeters P-47D Razorback version this time and found that the Razorback was a bit more of a drama than the Double top version, I think it maybe a different mould completely. Its a little tricky to get together and line up, but as long as you proceed slowly with the build, you should be fine. 

I added a few aftermarket pieces, these were the resin wheels by Brassin and the gun barrels set from Master (32115) and I get rid of the metal seatbelts and made my own from masking tape as I can never get the photo etch belts to 'sit' right. Paints were from Gunze Mr Colour range and as ever.....are brilliant. 

I added some magnets into the wing where the pylons attach, then added some magnets in the pylons so the lower wing is untouched for displaying without the pylons attached or kept clean. 

So here is aircraft 42-75242 which was flown by Capt Michael Quirk flying for 62nd FS/56th FG, Halesworth.

mEjaGHIh.jpg

6vsNsBvh.jpg

WKFeljsh.jpg

nUTxaO9h.jpg

9wpBiU6h.jpg

MEiZJi8h.jpg

q5gGrSWh.jpg

zWpRYP8h.jpg

wTAYij7h.jpg

taPMAwSh.jpg

I'll add a link to the Bubbletop.....

Thanks for looking :-) 

Edited by David Mooney

On 7/20/2020 at 11:40 AM, FreightDog said:

I thought you’d initially posted some photos of the original real aircraft for reference, then realised it must be the model! Absolutely superb. I’d love to know how you did the base as I could do with something similar. 

Thank you for your kind comments, the base is pretty simple.....if you have the tools. 

Its a large 20mm thick floor insulation foam square, I cover it with a brown tile grout mixed with real soil and cover with PVA. Then its a simple task of putting random sized static grass down with a static grass (old fly zapper modified) to get the grass to stand up, there are many videos on YouTube on how to do it....hope that helps.

Many thanks to everyone else for the kind comments