Panther V Aufs G 1/16 Trumpeter

josebagasteiz

Well guys, after several days busy with the chains it is nice to report that I have finished assembling them and have given them the first coats of paint.

img_2169.jpg

img_2168.jpg

Painted with a first coat of Matte Black and a second coat of Old Oxide from Anmo Mig

img_2170.jpg

Excellent. I have a 1:35 Mobelwagen I want to resume work on; found an extra set of Dragon tracks I want to use on it, and every single tiny track section, has two ejector pin marks on it. I suspect I'll now seek out either Friul or Model Kasten sets.

17 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Excelente. Tengo un Mobelwagen 1:35 en el que quiero reanudar el trabajo; Encontré un conjunto adicional de pistas de Dragon que quiero usar en él, y cada sección pequeña de la pista tiene dos marcas de pin de expulsión. Sospecho que ahora buscaré sets de Friul o Model Kasten.

If the expose marks stick out, can't you sand them? and if those marks are sunken you can add a little putty and after letting dry sand them.

34 minutes ago, josebagasteiz said:

If the expose marks stick out, can't you sand them? and if those marks are sunken you can add a little putty and after letting dry sand them.

True enough, if I felt like spending a dozen hours on them, and I definitely do not. I'll post a scale reference photo later, they're tiny. And the pin marks are recessed.

• 6 months later...

Hi friends!!

After a long time absent from the forum and after the summer holidays I present some advances in my Panther.

The manufacture and assembly of the axle grease lines brought me many complications and I opted to use different materials such as copper and lead wire.

img_2182.jpg

Copper wire

img_2181.jpg

Lead wire.  In the lower left of this photo you can see the rod and the connection of the accelerator with the firewall.

img_2178.jpg

img_2179.jpg

3 hours ago, Uncarina said:

¡Excelente progreso! Extrañé tu trabajo en las vías, pero tengo un gran respeto por tu tenacidad al ensamblarlas.

Saludos, Tom

Thank you Tom, I greatly appreciate your words. The truth is that you have to arm yourself with courage to mount the chains. But it is also true that it takes great tenacity to assemble the entire Panther at this level of detail. I have been with the Panther for more than 1 year and I have not finished the hull yet. So I think I have Panther for 3 years maybe.

How are you doing with your 1/16 Panther? Maybe you've finished it already.

• 2 weeks later...