20th Maine Volunteers, Battle of Gettysburg, July 1863

HL-10

White metal figures in 54mm from Hidalgo-Benieto Military Miniatures.

Excellent figures, beautifully sculpted & cast.

Superb details, animation & composition.

Represents Colonel Joshua Chamberlain, C/O of the 20th Maine Volunteers, who held the left flank of the Union lines at the Battle of Gettysburg, July 1863.

The regiment held their position throughout the battle despite numerous Confederate attacks.

When nearly out of ammunition, Colonel Chamberlain led his troops in a down hill bayonet charge, wheeling to the right as they went through thickly wooded terrain and overwhelmed the attacking forces.

If at any time the 20th Maine had been overrun, the Union flank would have been exposed and the Confederates could have rolled up the line. 

Figures painted with Humbrol enamels.

ACC1.jpg

ACC2.jpg

ACC3.jpg

ACC4.jpg

ACC6.jpg

ACC7.jpg

ACC8.jpg

ACC9.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Angelo.

Very nice :)

I can't read anything about the American Civil War without hearing the voice of either David McCullough or Shelby Foote.  In this case, it was Mr. McCullough who narrated the historical part of your post for me :lol:

He looks like Chamberlain. The eyes and moustache have that distinctive appearance. Great work.I like the darker images best, but they may be color saturated. Doesn't matter, I like them.

Tnarg

Nice!  I regularly stand at that exact spot on the battlefield during my visits to the park.  I don't have any photographs to share though.  I thought I did but I can't seem to locate them if I do.  If I don't, I can easily remedy that oversight.... Gettysburg is only about 30 miles from my home so I'm there pretty much all the time (up until this plague that is).

I just noticed your ID of HL-10. Nice. You are probably aware that Fantastic Plastic makes one in 1/48... wish it were bigger, but it still is a great lifting body. Thanks for sharing this one. Very nice work and an inspirational historical subject.

Tnarg