Z-M Hs 129 w/cannon, when?

LSP_K2

11 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Sources regarding the B3 are somewhat conflicting. If it was ever used in operations, very few of them were used and I have still to see a picture of one of them! 

According to the new Martin Pegg book, 13.(Pz.)/SG 9 had at least 3 of the B-3's as they lost ten B-2's and three B-3's lost when bad weather kept them from taking off from Tonndorf as the Soviets began rolling in. As proof, they are three pics of a B-3, Wk.No.162052, on page 216. Unfortunately, snow covers all the other markings. Pegg says those three pics are the only ones known of a B-3. At least its a start; anyone have info on 13 Pz/SG 9?

I have Jerry Rutman's B-3 kit as well as the Grey Matter B-2 (same masters); unfortunately the decals included are all for B-2's (artwork by Radu, btw). If all else fails, I might convert a ZM kit with Jerry's cannon parts and scab together as close as possible markings for one of the SG 9 machines.

The B-3 is not an entirely "lost cause". This was not a "napkinwaffe" dream.

We have good photos of the test bed, with codes and everything and we know for sure that this was flown and has fired its cannon. There are also the photos of the aircraft abandoned in Poland, which prove that the aircraft was used in combat. Photos keep showing up on eBay every day and some day a new photo of a B-3 may show up. The cannon and loading mechanism included in the B-3 kit is a kit in itself. A similar example may be the ZM Horten 229, which is a model who favourite even though the real thing only got to the prototype stage. 

Radu 

On 7/16/2020 at 2:31 AM, Troy Molitor said:

A North African “few”actual campaign aircraft is not what the majority really want.  One decal option provided, really?   A capitulating Romanian government example is certainly not what I personally could ever consider doing.   So when? We wait and wait for a Special Hobby Whirlwind or an Avro Lancaster-nose section to fill the bill?  I will spend my money on a great opportunity not an expensive kit with a one decal option I don’t want to consider.  .  

I personally think this has been a missed opportunity by SWS.  But it’s just me saying this.     

Personally I too have no interest in Romanian schemes but I wouldn’t let that influence my purchase of a kit

Free your mind, and get masks made for whatever scheme you choose

i appreciate that intricate nose art is still the domain of the decal, but even after you take that into account, there will still be lots of options

Edited by nmayhew

2 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

They're $350 CAD here in Canada. Even with the exchange rate, that's quite a bit more than the US.

Wow, that's too bad Carl. Seems like a lot, but in the end might be worth it even still, with the amount decals seem to cost these days. 

21 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Wow, that's too bad Carl. Seems like a lot, but in the end might be worth it even still, with the amount decals seem to cost these days. 

Some things are more expensive here for some reason. But it probably would work out in the end of you do enough masks. Maybe something to consider down the road. 

One thing that seems to be ok price wise is Tamiya kits. Go figure. Just bought a Tamiya RC car for 1/3 less than anywhere outside Canada before shipping. And it's a new release too.

Edited by BloorwestSiR