Heinkel 111 H-2 finished

Construction continues, I ran into a mess of ejector pin marks to deal with in the flight deck area, not a good thing with a greenhouse flight deck. Filling and sanding progresses, while the Tamiya fine filler is drying between episodes I'm working on the resin bits.

WAjSYOx.jpg

g7XvfQC.jpg

ioCtnHI.jpg

thanks for looking

Looks like a great idea but, no...I mean yes I have one but I use it on my teeth...It just wouldn't taste right after having Tamiya filler on it.:D

I do have whacks n whacks of sanding sticks though of all different sizes and shapes (made them myself from automotive body shop supply sanding discs)

here's a kind of before/after thing;

y0BWntW.jpg

TLcLfIL.jpg

SWBhjp6.jpg

I didn't do behind the bomb bay, doubt much will be seen in there?

Thanks for looking

Edited by chrish
typo

A bit more progress on the model, mostly painting stuff but, some assembly;

wyv5pXX.jpg

annnnd because I told them I would mention their product...(I had a few emails with them) Mission Models paint was initially used on the bombs but because it washed off during the decal application I had to repaint the bombs with Vallejo...seriously! the decal water washed off the paint!  

ZB2WfYc.jpg

I found ref's indicating the bomb bay and internals were RLM 02 but then saw pics that showed the bomb racks were painted RLM 66. I had a bit of confusion until I decided to paint the racks RLM 02 then RLM 66 overtop and weather back to the RLM 02 too look like the bomb racks had been repainted.

A comparison of the kit ammunition and the resin, the kit one looks a little small? I've got new examples on the way and some spares from the Ju-88 which for some reason are much better, even the defensive guns from the 88 kits are much better..oddly.

WCbVlyc.jpg

added the radio and some wiring. wire from phone line...anybody remember when phones had wires? 

MsvsZT3.jpg

Thanks for looking

Edited by chrish

15 hours ago, BradG said:

The weapons are horrible, I measured them up when I did a review of the kit for a model mag and they scale out to 1/48. How Revell made that mistake I don't know.

Well I'm glad to know I'm not high on glue fumes, maybe Revell was?

Some gluing, a major step for me,  done today

uIFXKul.jpg

yyF5Dgc.jpg

2phmhkH.jpg

66m7kSB.jpg

Thanks for looking

Edited by chrish

Found myself losing some bits I thought I had stashed away safely...so safely even I cant find them. Drat! So with some spare time and no real need to hurry ahead I decided the fuselage of the 111 although nice, could use some rivets. I decided to punch some rivet marks with an RB riveter. 

yRbU8jo.jpg

XInUubW.jpg

Edited by chrish