Sign in to follow this  
Gazzas

Receiving from China?

I'm just wondering if anyone is receiving anything from China?   I've received model parts from Hannant's in the UK with no problem, while some figures ordered from Korea are in some kind of limbo having been shipped a month ago.

How's everyone else going receiving from overseas?

BTW...  this question is related to Covid's affect on international shipping.  I'm not looking to bash any country.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Gaz

My HK Lancaster nose kit was shipped from mainland China via DHL on Friday evening last, and I received it mid-afternoon on Monday. Yesterday I received another package from the U.S., which took exactly a week via USPS.

Kev

From my general experience during the Covid episode is if I went for the shipping option of FedEx or DHL or basically any courier who operate their own fleet of Aircargo then shipping times generally have remained the same give or take a day or two for the processing at reception depots. I’ve had stuff come from the USA, Australia and Japan in this time paying that bit extra for the courier service and they have been the normal 5-7 days. If you’ve opted for the regular shipping options who generally rely on what space is available in the cargo bay of regular air liner traffic then that’s where the wait has come from as there was greatly reduced air traffic initially, so more competition for what space there was, though it seems to be picking up now going off what I see day to day in the Sky here. I did have a couple of kits in the process of being shipped from China, ordered pre-lockdown but shipped just as the lockdown hit and they took about twice as long to get to me in the end as they normally would. I do have a couple of packages on the slow boat from China currently but seeing as that normally takes about 6-8 weeks as a rule anyway we shall see. 

I have to add to my list with a package that shipped from the UK much closer to the start of all this, that took roughly a month to arrive.

Kev

I get a lot of stuff from China and have no problem at all. I am a bit closer than many of you.

I ordered something from BNA Model World in Australia close to the start of C-19 and it took a month to get from their warehouse to Melbourne airport. Not their fault at all, just a reflection on how messed up the postal service was at the time.

There are delays but they seem random, I've sent a large package to France [ from UK ] and normally it's about 5 days but at the moment it's still not arrived [ it is tracked ] it's at two weeks,

I'm not worried as we've never had a failure in 10 years and the two that didn't get delivered came all the way back and we just resent them.

I've recently had an ink jet resetter device from China [ didn't work...] and that took nearly three weeks.

Graham

Posted (edited)

I had a package from Zactoman sent on the 24th Jun, arrive on the 11th July, from US to UK for reference. It seemed to bobble about in the US for most of that, moved between sorting depots in the US a lot. But it got here :) and in perfect condition. I got some stuff direct from AK that took a little under a week, and some bits from Anyz that took a week or so. I've ordered 2 items from the same eBay shop in polland, one took ~a week the other ~3 weeks for a much smaller package, though that had no tracking sadly so I imagine that's why.

I think it's a case of just don't expect super fast shipping and it mostly just seems ... fine ? A touch hit and miss here and there but it all seems to get through eventually.

I did just put in a sizable order with Galaxy Model (after seeing someone's review of their riveting tools) and have paid for their expensive version of postage in the hopes of it arriving fairly fast... I'll re-post once that gets here.

Edited by Subodai

I ordered as the big UK mail order outlet wanted £200+ GBP for the AV-8B+ and Harrier GR7, whereas the Chinese

seller did them for £140 shipped (plus whatever Customs want if anything).

It's my first Chinese purchase, but I believe using Paypal will make it safe.