HGW seatbelts (132031) Question

BaldEagle

Hi everyone.

Just building Revell's excellent Arado 196B kit. I bought a set of HGW belts for it which includes resin seats, and what is puzzling me is what those spare bits are: There's an extra single belt which is shown as attaching to 'kit part'. But what kit part and where? Secondly, there's a large piece of unnumbered photoetch which runs the length of the sprue. Finally, there are several small parts which look like brackets or clasps. What are they? 

Sorry to sound like a complete dork but this is really baffling me!

Thanks Richard. The set I have is actually 132564, but the same applies.

https://hgwmodels.cz/en/132-scale/462-arado-ar-196a-3-seatbelts-seats-132-132564.html

As you can see , there are belts for the pilot and the gunner, plus a third one shown in the instructions on the bottom left and labelled C.

On the photo etch there is a large item across the bottom which is unnumbered. plus a few small parts numbered 9 top right of the fret.

Any ideas guys?

Edited by BaldEagle

Well, I sold my Ar 196 kit and the seatbelts with it but as far as I recall the belt labelled "C" is actually the back rest for the rear seat.
It was used to switch between the MG15 in the rear and the radio upfront.The large PE part is supposed to help you to cut the "C" part.

Cheers

Joachim

3 hours ago, BaldEagle said:

Thanks Richard. The set I have is actually 132564, but the same applies.

I went with what you put in the thread title

Richard

6 hours ago, BaldEagle said:

Hi.

I'd love to but I don't appear to have the option to attach photos, other than from a URL. What am I doing wrong here?

Have you read the tutorial on the LSP Home page about posting images?  Lots of "how to's" there!

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/forum/91-posting-images/

8 hours ago, Bill_S said:

The large part on the PE fret is a template for cutting the curves on the seat back. This set is not one of their laser cut items.

Hi Bill

That makes sense. They must be using the same fret for several different sets.It seems obvious now!

16 hours ago, Fanes said:

Well, I sold my Ar 196 kit and the seatbelts with it but as far as I recall the belt labelled "C" is actually the back rest for the rear seat.
It was used to switch between the MG15 in the rear and the radio upfront.The large PE part is supposed to help you to cut the "C" part.

Cheers

Joachim

Hi Fanes

It's not the back rest. That's accounted for in step D. The photo etch part sounds about right though. It's obviously being used for several different sets.