HK Models 01E033: Avro Lancaster B Mk I Nose Art Kit

LSP_Kevin

Great review, Kev. Maybe this will lead to a series containing the B-17's and B-25's. Those would add the cherries on top for those unable to fit the whole kits in their collections. It also may lead to folks purchasing the whole enchilada after trying the taco al carbon of a Nose Art kit.  Good marketing move.

Has anyone that's built the kit shown how the blisters fit on the canopy?  Seems like they'd create some weird optical distortion being on top of the flat canopy window that's already there.

Matt 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I'm confused, i thought the clear fuselage parts are a one off batch in the initial release and then they modified the mould ?

That was my impression as well.  That the clear ones were made and then they added the rivet detail to the mould for the regular run. 

10 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Has anyone that's built the kit shown how the blisters fit on the canopy?  Seems like they'd create some weird optical distortion being on top of the flat canopy window that's already there.

Matt 

In such a great kit its truely an enormous letdown and really a review brushing this off as being “easy to leave off” is pretty average.

Most Lancasters had the blisters and i cant see a way to put them on that will look even remotely close to reality.

For such an expensive kit to not mould a second glasshouse with them in place is being truely cheap.

Multiple nose pieces for the B-17F but the most numerous config for the Lanc is a cheap afterthought.

And its only the most obvious thing you will see when you look at any finished kit as yiu cannot hide it anyway you try.

Maybe someone will vacform a replacement..

Edited by Darren Howie