Bandai Death Star - Quick Weekend Build

Robthepom

As regimental and organized as the Emprie is I always found the representation of the under construction Death Star a bit weird.

Seem it would be built more evenly and not as shown. The miniature sure was cool looking though.

37 minutes ago, Ryan said:

As regimental and organized as the Emprie is I always found the representation of the under construction Death Star a bit weird.

Seem it would be built more evenly and not as shown. The miniature sure was cool looking though.

I always thought that the scale of each exposed level was way off; given the immense size of the Death Star, each level seems to be around 50m or more in height!

Kev

5 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I always thought that the scale of each exposed level was way off; given the immense size of the Death Star, each level seems to be around 50m or more in height!

Kev

They're probably meant to represent blocks of levels rather than individual ones. Which would make some sense. Build it in sections and then join them together. 

2 hours ago, Robthepom said:

You guys know it’s just a film, right? It’s not real :lol:

In the film I noticed that when they were looking at a projected image of the plans, the depression that fired the rays, was in the middle of the sphere, not above it as later images of the DS showed.

You know the emperor was most displeased with the appearent lack of progess of the construction crew on the Death Star, perhaps doubling their efforts resulted in the dogs breakfast of holes, gaps and other panels to nowhere we see illustrated.