1/32 P-47D Miss Fire/Rozzie Deth II

On 7/14/2020 at 8:48 AM, Out2gtcha said:

+1!!!

The macro shots are really pulled off well. If you can get that close and have it still look good, your doing something right! 

My thoughts exactly, which doesn't happen often enough.  Fantastic Jug- and modeling.

Cheers,

Chuck

On 7/15/2020 at 3:00 AM, moxibustion said:

Outsanding work. Really love it.

I also really love those Mr Color metal colours. Can you please tell me which ones you used?

Cheers,

David.

Thanks for the kind comment, the paints I used for the NMF were 218 (Aluminium) and 213 (Stainless). The majority of the plane is 218 but I used the 213 for adding scratches on the NMF to distinguish the marks. 

On 7/13/2020 at 11:53 PM, Gazzas said:

Fantastic job!  Great presentation photos, too.  Tell me...  how did you make the micro-scratches on the propeller blades that go in the direction of the airflow?

Gaz

Well the first step is to paint the prop Silver and cover that with a very tough gloss lacquer varnish and then scratches are built up in the subsequent lighter paint layers, I use 240 grit sanding stick lightly on the surface (in the airflow direction) then build the paint up and repeat the scratching with a lower grade sanding stick till you get the effect you're after. Once that's all complete I tend to so a some more weathering using the salt techniques to add a bit more realism and by then the scratches are very fine and not so obvious.

Many thanks to everyone for your kind comments, Jug#2 will be done soon so keep your eyes peeled :D

Edited by David Mooney

Only two criticizems, nothing build related. It's Rozzie Geth (for Fred's Wife; Rosamond Gethro) and Fred stated that his name is

Fred  Christensen Jr. vs. Fredrick. (Fredrick Christensen was a German WWI Pilot with the same kill score, though).

Regards,

Stephen

On 7/21/2020 at 9:19 AM, dennismcc said:

Absolutely spot on, I can only repeat what has already been said, fantastic paint and weathering

Cheers

Dennis

Weathering one of them personal choices, I like mine to look like they have been on a few missions and that's where I find it hard to stop....but sometimes, less is more. 

Thank you all for the kind coments

:o  I can't give it a perfect 10/10, if you look closely there is a grasshopper on the diorama grass.  This species is only found in Albania!

Only kidding, what a superb build, diorama, photographs and deserving of the perfect 10.  :bow: