So, what happened to the WNW HP O/100 and O/400 molds

Dave Williams

On 7/15/2020 at 11:35 AM, edfifer said:

I heard Trumpeter purchased the molds from Meng, but unfortunately they were destroyed in a train derailment.

I heard their weight caused the ship carrying them back to NZ to list in a storm and the container went overboard into the Pacific, falling down a deep sea trench waking up a gigantic ancient creature...oh wait that’s the next movie...

Edited by Pup7309

• 3 months later...

I think it's only a matter time and or economics before things start to resurface, I have not dealt with Chinese directly but some companies we do work for have had no end of problems, Ebay and Alibaba are a pain.

One thing the cost of manufacturing is going up in China 5 years ago we could not get near them on price now the casting prices are about the same but factor in transport and import duties we are "in the pound seats" also for some reason their lead times are getting longer.

A bit of a bugger as my first Wingnuts kit was going to be the Lanc !!

Bob

If Peter Jackson ever actually makes his version of the Dambusters (I'm definitely NOT holding my breath!), surely that would be an ideal time to bring out the big Lanc, as it will feed off the film's publicity. 

Having said that, I think we've been waiting for the movie for nearly ten years now, so this is pure speculation on my part...

Chris. 

Edited by Confusionreigns178
Correcting a typo.

7 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

If Peter Jackson ever actually makes his version of the Dambusters (I'm definitely NOT holding my breath!), surely that would be an ideal time to bring out the big Lanc, as it will feed off the film's publicity. 

Having said that, I think we've been waiting for the movie for nearly ten years now, so this is pure speculation on my part...

Chris. 

All a big unknown but he might resurrect the film and kit in the future. The way the selling frenzy is going at the moment they would sell out despite the high RR price tag.

Edited by Pup7309