So, what happened to the WNW HP O/100 and O/400 molds

Dave Williams

Now that the HKM  “new kit” drama is over, and Meng DR.1 thread is mostly played out, I wonder what happened to the WNW HP bomber molds.  Didn’t someone here get a pre-production or production kit, and start a WIP thread (what happened to that)?  Does that mean that the molds were officially “finished”, and so WNW has them now?  Any secret insider info from former employees posted on another forum?  

Let’s fire up the speculation machine and get this party started!

Yes, at least one of our members got a sample and was doing a WIP, it was on facebook if not on here.  Where the molds are, will we ever see the kit who knows.  I am betting this one is not going to see the light of day myself as I doubt the demand is enough to market and run the kit absent a deep pockets money no object party like Peter Jackson to fund the production run.  I know we have members that love the handle page but most modelers would look at and say it is huge, where am I going to put it, then look at the rigging and think, I don’t hate myself enough to even try.  

I am among those that would never buy a kit like this as space is a major factor, then the thing is pretty delicate when done and rigged.  I know from experience with my other WNW builds what the single engine planes are like.  No way i would build one of these.

For similar reasons, no matter how wonderful, i believe the Lancaster will never a see daylight either unless Peter Jackson brings it back to life.  I just don’t think anyone is going to take.a chance on these a big WNW kits without a deep pockets backer who is not afraid to loose money.

Edited by cbk57

5 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

If the molds exist the kit will be released. Keep in mind the production costs are ridiculously low in comparison with the design and molds creation investment. 

I agree Thierry. And, if the kit is released, I will also buy one. My grandfather flew them so, following completing my HKM kit as P-OS, I'll either be buying another HKM or this kit if it is released to complete as my grandfather's aircraft.  Goodness knows where I will find the time to do another! :blink:

5 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

The topic of what happened to "XYZ molds" is as old as the hobby, and in about 98% of cases where someone claims to know (they fell off a ship in the middle of the Pacific, etc, etc) they're wrong.

If the molds actually exist, they'll undoubtedly show back up somewhere.  But where molds are and who owns them is generally about as transparent as concrete.

100% agreed

7 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

The topic of what happened to "XYZ molds" is as old as the hobby, and in about 98% of cases where someone claims to know (they fell off a ship in the middle of the Pacific, etc, etc) they're wrong.

If the molds actually exist, they'll undoubtedly show back up somewhere.  But where molds are and who owns them is generally about as transparent as concrete.

Wait WNW, was planning to release clear concrete too?

Very innovative. I suspect Mr. Jackson still owns the molds and IP. There may be WNW molds in China that have not been released, or have been ....held, but that is speculation.