A-26 Invader Products under development

Ali62

As promised here are some of the products that are now started and being worked upon.

Wheels and cowling, more will follow, including a further set of wheels and there will be two different undercarriage sets as there is variances, and there will also be a specific engine set, that is currently being drawn in 3D. Many more parts are planned for the aircraft, some more correction/ improvement sets as well as conversion sets, details will follow as the development takes place.

shown below are 3D CAD drawings for wheels as well as the printed wheels that are being prepared for casting

download-2 download-1 IMG_4681

shown below is the kit cowling and the new 3D CAD cowl, once printed will check fit and details to the kit parts

IMG_4680

download

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Some sneak previews and news about what I have been up to over the past few months. A few months ago I took the plunge and invested in 3D software and 3D printers.......and upto that point I had no experience in 3D drawing personally or to do the printing. Previously I always had to rely on others to do the drawing and Shapeways or similar to do the printing. Well I jumped in at the deep end and I have developed some parts and printed them myself (not without a lot of torture, late nights, frustration and lots of wasted resin) BUT that is what it takes to self teach yourself new skills and fathom things out.

Next up is an engine set that I am working on for the Hobby Boss 1/32 A-26 Invader. A friend of mine developed the front cowling but over time I have modified that, the rest of the parts are drawn and developed by myself, the first picture shows the kit part and the new part, the rest are various pictures from various angles. All of this will take time but I hope to have this out fairly soon and have a few other ideas for the A-26.
 IMG_4950
Edited by Ali62

On 11/8/2020 at 7:16 AM, elric said:

great news, can't wait for the cowling not just for the Invader, they also were used on Reno race planes such as the Sea Furys & Bearcats

Bob

That's awesome, I've been dreaming of building the Bud Light Super Corsair racer for years, and that had an A-26 cowl too.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, aircommando130 said:

That's awesome! The On Mark A-26 was a gorgeous airplane! 

Maybe some new cowlings for the 32nd B-25 with the right 

cowl opening....hint, hint

Cheers...Ron

There’s an issue with the HK cowls?