HK Models 1/32 JU52!

RadBaron

Meh.   Ill be more than a bit disappointed if the mystery plane HKM announced with a place holder is Iron Annie.   Happy for those who would want one, but way too big for the VERY mild interest I hold in it.

Hopefully some confirmation to come if my wallet gets a reprieve or not. 

Imagine a Legion Condor Ju-52 with a "dustbin" machine gun platform underneath it being harassed by some Ratas in your ceiling diorama... or a Scandinavian Airlines Ju-52 on floats, or maybe that one with the huge loop antenna for setting off magnetic mines. Too many interesting Ju-52 schemes. However, give me a United Airlines Lodestar and now we are talking about interesting new model kits.

Tnarg

1 hour ago, RadBaron said:

Wasn't the 1/48 Ju52 a bit of a sales flop for Monogram, after years of customers begging for one? Similar to the 1/48 Catalina?

Seems a risky move to make a large scale Ju52 :o

J has stated repeatedly that the Junkers was a bomb for Monogram, and I have no reason to doubt that. The Catalina, I don't know, though I certainly bought one, as did my roommate, and I'll eventually grab another so that I can get the needed parts that I lost in a move a few years back. If going by seeing what shows up at contests is any sort of accurate barometer, but I doubt it is, I've only ever seen one Ju 52 finished in the last twenty years, both locally and regionally.

I have 3 Ju 52's in the stash (one with a metric tone of aftermarket) with plans to do all kinds of builds of them (civil and military) and I've built 2 PBY's (Canso in my language) giving both away to AME's who worked on and loved the real ones. (as water bombers) with another in the...yes, the stash

1 hour ago, JamesHatch said:

Not one post on both of these topics is even near the mark. 

Carry on dreaming!

Hints are welcomed and encouraged from those in the know :D

Edited by RadBaron
Words are hard

2 hours ago, JamesHatch said:

Not one post on both of these topics is even near the mark. 

Carry on dreaming!

Whether or not you know is inconsequential, as obsiously you are under some sort of clause not to divulge if you do know and that's fine.

The members here, including myself are just having a bit of fun, and there is no need to be that way about it.

If you know and cant say that's fine, but if thats the case let's leave RIGHT there.

47 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Weather or not you know is inconsequential, as obsiously you are under some sort of clause not to divulge if you do know and that's fine.

The members here, including myself are just having a bit of fun, and there is no need to be that way about it.

If you know and cant say that's fine, but if thats the case let's leave RIGHT there.

The only "Fun" I see on this thread is people bagging the 32' scale Ju-52 ...

I understand if not everyones cuppa ... but personally, I can't wait!!! - It's one of my two Holy Grail kits.

This and the Do.17z (looking likely to be popped by Infinity now) ...

So, no, I never thought this was the mystery kit - especially since K1 said it was nothing mentioned on the other thread (and the Ju.52 was) ...

But I'm sure glad to see that they're following through with it!!

Rog :)