Tamiya LP Lacquer Line in US?

Riku

They were supposed to be here by now, but I think Covid has shot that plan.  Tamiya usA listed them as due but to my knowledge they have never shown up.  I have looked for them periodically.  I think the best shot would be to order them from Canada.  I have seen a seller there that had them at a reasonable price.  I looked them up on amazon and they are double or more the cost of what they will retail for.  I am assuming shipments out of can are viable but have not tried to order from that way since Covid.  

The one I found is “sunward hobbies”. I think i ordered from them years ago when I wanted a tamiya lacquer spray that was not available in the us.  They have advertised some a nice package deals on ebay.  I thought about buying and just decided to hold.

I bought a few off ebay last year to test out. They have a very unique (and somewhat unpleasant) smell and similar consistency to the Tamiya acrylic paints. Once thinned down to airbrush they go on absolutely beautifully as you'd expect from experience with other Tamiya paints.  I hope they expand the line and get them into retail here in the states, I'll definitely buy some more when I get the chance. 

10 hours ago, chrish said:

What seller?

I’d be interested in giving them a go. Aaaannnd being in Canada maybe I can get them in...under a month?

I have had great on-line service from Great Hobbies for a few years now, especially with paint that's hard to get across the Canuck border.  They have a few stores across Canada, including the one closest to you and me in Edmonton.  I assume they do US shipments as well?

Here is a link to their Tamiya LP line:

Great Hobbies Tamiya Lacquer Paint

HTH,

Chuck

Even though Sunward Hobbies is fairly close to me, I've been taking advantage of their free shipping on orders over $60 CAD. I usually get the order the next day. 

They have great customer service. I had a bottle of Tamiya Panel Line wash arrive broken and they immediately sent out a replacement. 

Edit: forgot to mention that they carry Gunze paints as well. Both Mr Color and the acrylic Aqueous lines. 

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR