Icelandic Fine Arts Buccaneer S2B 12 Sq RAF

Scotsman

I've reached the point when I consider this  model alomst , sort of , maybe finished sort of .. Ok hedging but there are always things I'll want to go to it , but for the time being , I'm willing to  call it done

jyKCiFn.jpg it done 

Basic overview with a few of my RAF  bits and pieces to add a little scale ,  

AS you can see 4 Sea eagles complete with my pylons and launch rails have been added , complete with RBF's m along with the FOD guards 

TzGnAwi.jpg

ccyiLw7.jpg

Confession time - for those of you that have the kit , you'll notice a lack of panel lines round the nose , partly I messed them up re-engraving them , and partly because I lost a few of them whwn I broke the nose off the fuselage back in Feb,  Yup from the cockpit  forward it snapped off after falling from its temp position in my work room as I worked on the pylons. It turns out the resin is strong , but brittle. LOTS AND lots of swearing out with the epoxy , and glued back on , at the cost of the loss of some detail..  BE CAREFUL!!!

Phew feels good to cofess 

Wings - and yes that staining from the BCS is fairly accurate - 

JGBc1sK.jpg

The canopy needs work , and it'll get it , the seats are not from the kit , Modded Crusader ones, with a bit of tweaking they look the part 

UGd7IUa.jpg

aA better view of the Sea Eagles, in their EDSG paint  to be honest the thought of hanging 3 of these beauties to a finished model was what drove me on , now All I want is a decent FAA Gen 1 Sea Harrier to  hang two more on 

eC3w2BS.jpg

Towbar  courtesy of Flightpath

8n9gJzC.jpg 

Well there we go , from Nov last year to to-day , 8 months? - no side projects , no abandonment , never stopped pushing to finish it .. must be some kind of record for me .. as fro the next project .. something for my wife..

"Holidays are coming ,, holidays are coming" - little hint!

Just a small bit of feedback on detail.  You've got a WolF TUM Land Rover with the Buccaneer - they weren't introduced into service until 1996 and the plane was retired in 1994.  You may want to swop it for Italeri Series III Land Rover to be 100% on the display.  

HTH

Thanks for that  ,

I have a load of generic vehicles for these layouts, and I ALMOST used the 109 Italari landie, and went with the wrong one,  ah well!, The most recent IPMS mags have some articles on modifying the 109 into a short wheelbase variation , so I might give that a try