Fantasy Printshop ED-32125: William Tell F-4C Phantom 1976

LSP_Kevin

8 hours ago, Royboy said:

I have this sheet, just painting the model up now!

Great subject for all Fantom Freaks everywhere.

Aside from the aircraft number boo-boo, I like it too, and consider it a very admirable effort. By far, my biggest problem is selecting one, possibly two schemes at the most for big Phantoms, is I just simply do not have the room for as many as appeal to me. I mean if I could pull it off, I'd have at least one each of the C, D, E, F, J, N, and B. For me, that's barely doable in 1:48, let alone 1:32. Perhaps I just need to buy a case of 1:72 Phantom kits?

If your a Phantom fan there are so many great decal markings for all of the model types that it's virtually impossible to do them all, even in 1/48 let alone 1/32 scale!

I love collecting all the decals though, it's the same with the Hornets too!

However, I do intend to complete all of my number one favourites and this sheet certainly contains one of them. 

You simply can't have enough decal sheets for the Phabulous Phantom!!! :clap2:

For many years, like I suspect a great many modelers do, I grabbed gobs of decal sheets for "down the road" projects, many of which, even after twenty years, I've just not gotten around to doing yet, so I tend to buy very few new sheets these days.

I am definately a decal sheet collector!

I have four box files full of them and I won't stop any time soon!!

I love the beautiful artworks and I'm quite content for them to stay where they are until required...if ever?

Part of my hobby is decal collecting, it might sound nuts, but it makes me happy!  B)

4 minutes ago, Royboy said:

I am definately a decal sheet collector!

I have four box files full of them and I won't stop any time soon!!

I love the beautiful artworks and I'm quite content for them to stay where they are until required...if ever?

Part of my hobby is decal collecting, it might sound nuts, but it makes me happy!  B)

You're certainly not alone there, as I suspect, based upon comments here and elsewhere, that It's the same as guys with dozens of boxes of AM they'll probably never live long enough to use. With my particular current budget, I tend to be much more conservative these days about what I spend money on. Lately I've been on a tool kick; don't necessarily need them at the moment, but buying them anyway, as I can easily project near term needs for them.

Yeah, great hobby isn't it!

The hardest job is catching up with it all these days and I thought when I upscaled I'd get a rest from all of the buying!!! :lol:

I absolutely believe this is THE Golden Era we're living through right now for our end of the hobby.

Happy days!

I haven't seen this one but am concerned that the artist used 12" high tail numbers again rather than the correct 15" high ones. I raised this with the F-4E sheet and errata sheets apparently followed (must get some!). 

Tony 

5 hours ago, Tony T said:

I haven't seen this one but am concerned that the artist used 12" high tail numbers again rather than the correct 15" high ones. I raised this with the F-4E sheet and errata sheets apparently followed (must get some!). 

Tony 

I'll scale them out and see.