1/32 Hasegawa Nakajima Ki-44 Shoki "Tojo"

I actually finished this model a couple/few months back, but was having trouble getting good photos, due to the metal base finish and the lighting in my shop. I kind of put the photo shoot on the back burner, but everything came together yesterday and I was able to get a good session in with some cool clouds in the background. 

This is a fairly basic build of another great Hasegawa kit. I added Quickboost exhausts, brake lines from wire and the antenna wire is E-Z Line. Oh, and I also riveted the entire airframe. The base finish is Testors Metalizer Aluminum Plate from the rattle can. It was buffed to a decent shine, then coated with Future. The rest of the colors are Model Master enamels. All of the national markings were masked and painted. The decals came from my spares and represent an aircraft from the IJA Akeno Flying School. Weathering was done with oils and pastels. This was also another opportunity to improve my figure painting skills. Still a long way to go, but that's why I'm practicing!

Enjoy!

John

2-TEXT.jpg

20191003-192858.jpg

20191003-192931.jpg

20191003-193742.jpg

20191003-193730.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

15.jpg

Edited by mywifehatesmodels

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! 

It's good to be able to post a LSP again (although I have some Non-LSP stuff on the bench at the  moment). I have some other, bigger LSP projects in the works and may even post a WIP thread again, soon. I'm planning on a He 111P build and I should have everything I need for it in the next week, or so. I think the best way for me to keep on top of it and stay motivated to document everything, would be to start a thread. 

Thanks again!

John