Early Spitfire wing heating outlets?

Thierry, if you look at the fourth panel down from the top of the Mk 1 wing drawing it shows both big and small vent covers and if you look carefully you can see that the left edge of the 'hole' has a large radius with the opening tapering towards the front where there is another smaller radius. So the exit holes are not round but tapered with a radius at both ends. Hope that makes sense.

TRF

3 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Ok. Now I'm understanding. You mean each outlet has a drop shape. Well, this is indeed possible but looks quite complicated to me for a retrofit modification. What would be the benefit of such a shape...? :hmmm:

I agree with you, I'm just looking at the drawing and that's what I understand of it. 

Now, what can be seen in 1/32? That is perhaps the important question at this point.

On another part of the drawing: the wheel well opening is very noticeably oval, and you mentioned you sanded it to a round shape? I curious about  this.

Alain

edit: I checked the build thread and the resulting opening is oval as it should be!

Edited by Alain Gadbois