First time using photoetch

All,

I’m looking for a little advice here. Is there a slow setting type of CA glue? Getting a little frustrated trying to get an instrument panel put together for a Ki-43. Some of the smaller instrument sub assemblies and bezels seem difficult to align properly using CA. I didn’t know if there might be something out there that allows a little adjustment before it sets. Currently using Gorilla Glue gel.

Thanks for any advice and tips you can offer this fumble fingered wanna be modeler.

Kurt

Thick CA gel, will give you a little room for aligning things, to glue the instrument panel itself  I use pva, white glue. For bezels etc use the gell CA. Also a good tip is to have some Bluetack or poster buddies on your desk for holding parts till you need them. 1 sneeze or cough is enough to otherwise send them in orbit. Good Luck.

Theo

• 1 month later...

Put some Future in a jar and let it evaporate down to half it's original volume and use it like that. Straight from the bottle it lacks the ability to fill minute voids. Any excess can be be removed with airbrush cleaner. I only use CA when nothing else will work.