Sign in to follow this  
Jennings Heilig

Pochta Rossiya WT....

Posted (edited)

I ordered two items from Russia in early April, from different sellers.  Both items were scanned into the Pochta Rossiya system the first week in April.  And that’s where both of them still sit, the first week of July.  

I’ve ordered stuff from several other countries in various parts of the world, some of which had COVID outbreaks as well, and they’ve arrived just fine.  There’s no excuse for sitting on things for three months, COVID or not.  

I think I’m done ordering anything from Russia, especially given the news recently.

Edited by LSP_Mike
Removed implied profanity

Posted (edited)

Same here.  I’ve got two items where the last status is Processed Through Facility MOSKVA PCI-21.  One dated May 6, and the other dated May 24.

On the flip side, my Lukgraph Dragon Rapide took just two weeks to get here from Poland.

Edited by Dave Williams

Don't just look at the east, take a look at State side: i ordered and had confirmed a shipping from Drawdecal at may 12TH to be sent across the pond and zilch, nada, zero, up to now.

Still is at the Chicago international distribution facility apparently according to tracking info, and no way of checking either by telephone or email........

It is a world wide issue, I have parcels that I have mailed to US in and around March / April, some took 3 months to arrive others have not even arrived as yet, so I need to resend at my cost, and then others have arrived in reasonable time. I had a parcel sent from Ukraine around start of April, took 9 weeks to arrive, that was with a tracking number, from what it showed was that it sat somewhere in the U.K. for about 5-6 weeks of that time, however other items arrived super fast from other destinations.

So I have had the experience of it from both sides, and many customers demanding from me where their parcels are. 
It is simple once in the mail it is very difficult for the sender to have any control, and then is it the sending country or the receiving country, that is at fault, or both. 
Like a lot of things these days, not makes much sense anymore.... it is the new NORMAL!!!

Same here, ordered some parts from Eastern Europe on April 27th, shipped the 28th and they arrived at the USPS in Chicago on the 30th of April.  Chicago is only two hours from me, but my parts are still sitting there since April 30th.

I've been ordering lots of non-modeling items from Europe (Italy, Germany, Netherlands mainly), Asia (Japan, China), and Australia, since the COVID crap came. Mail seems completely random to me, even same countries - some just sit for weeks/months, other come like pre-COVID days in only a couple weeks. Ones from Russia didn't take any longer than the other countries. So far the worst has been Australia, I'm still waiting for package I ordered in March. 

As others said, it goes both ways too. I sent a box to Hannants by priority mail and it took over a month to get there.

On 7/4/2020 at 1:19 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

I ordered two items from Russia in early April, from different sellers.  Both items were scanned into the Pochta Rossiya system the first week in April.  And that’s where both of them still sit, the first week of July.  

I’ve ordered stuff from several other countries in various parts of the world, some of which had COVID outbreaks as well, and they’ve arrived just fine.  There’s no excuse for sitting on things for three months, COVID or not.  

I think I’m done ordering anything from Russia, especially given the news recently.

I won some items - coins, not models - from Russia about the same time. The seller checked on them about a month after I purchased them and said there were so few airplanes flying out of Russia to the states, they were sending a good portion of them via surface mail. Having done surface mail between the US and Russia before, it takes about 6 months.

My solution is to just not order from outside of the US. This way, whatever I do order, always shows up within a week, sometimes less.

I've bought stuff from Russian ebay sellers in the past and things showed up at my door

in about 2 weeks.  I currently have one stuck in Moscow and one came through  NYC

from St. Petersburg on July 8th.  Things have slowed due to the covid situation.  Patience

is a virtue.  As an old girlfriend used to say, it's not like I'm going to run out of model kits

anytime soon.