New HKM 1/32 model coming soon...

kkarlsen

3 hours ago, BarryWilliams said:

Why not?  All companies have poor kits.   Trumpeter at least have their Dauntless, Avenger, 262, MIG3, and Swordfish, don’t miss out on these ‘A’ team kits because you experienced one developed by their ‘ B’ team. 

I have to agree on the Trumpeter 262 Barry: it is a peach of a kit.

But back on topic: Having checked HKM's 'Models' page https://www.hk-models.com/hkm/shop/ I noticed that there is a little black and white photo of what appears to be an RN Phantom trapping on the deck of a carrier on the link for their 'Cold War' section. Maybe that's old news to some but the first time I have seen it. 

Best regards,

Paul

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I think Neil’s attention span is even shorter than mine.  He’s started and abandoned at least four projects that I’m aware of (and probably others) since the F-4K/M was announced, including, as I said above, one that’s at the stage of having the external shapes completely done to the point that he produced a 3D printed mockup.  But not another word heard about any of them.

Meantime, he’s been spending his money on 1/32 four engined bombers and I still think will ultimately be losing propositions for him.

Ah well we’ll be left guessing then: I’ll continue hoping he downsizes to doing 3 engined transport planes. Totally forlorn I know as if they have any financial sense HKM will produce a definitive Bf-109F or a Mustang B/C. Back to taming my Matchbox Tiger Moth Floatplane and wrestling the 1969 Revell Spitfire Mk.I into submission for the BoB group build. Thanks for doing the BOAC Mosquito decals btw! I have just ordered a set for the 1/32 Tamiya FBVI I have sat in the wings. 

Cheers!

Paul

4 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I think Neil’s attention span is even shorter than mine.  He’s started and abandoned at least four projects that I’m aware of (and probably others) since the F-4K/M was announced, including, as I said above, one that’s at the stage of having the external shapes completely done to the point that he produced a 3D printed mockup.  But not another word heard about any of them.

Meantime, he’s been spending his money on 1/32 four engined bombers and I still think will ultimately be losing propositions for him.

If he wants to stick with the bomber theme, a Marauder and Wellington and/or Hampden would be a good start.  There.  Four engines!!  Six if he does all :lol:  What about a Dornier DO17, 215 or 217?  There.  Eight engines for the price of four kits :rofl:

Cheers,

Michael

6 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

There is not much point in having a half finished kit that does not get released, especially if you are paying someone a lot of money to do work. I don't recall any that I ever started for HPM not getting finished and released, apart from the 1/32 Mustang which was usurped by Tamiya when still at the 2D computer stage. Promises and good intentions don't keep the wolf from the door, whereas the F-4K, Halifax, P-51B, and Beaufighter (all of which have been mentioned and maybe part finished) would do so.

16 hours ago, Archimedes said:

... Having checked HKM's 'Models' page https://www.hk-models.com/hkm/shop/ I noticed that there is a little black and white photo of what appears to be an RN Phantom trapping on the deck of a carrier on the link for their 'Cold War' section. Maybe that's old news to some but the first time I have seen it. 

Best regards,

Paul

That's a new development Paul, so it's confirmation that the Spey Phantom project remains alive. I just hope I am when it's released. 

Tony 

2 hours ago, Cees Broere said:

There has been a photo of a RN Phantom on their website for ages. Neil now got it to keep new releases quiet. Wait and see.

There's been an RAF grey F-4 on the main banner for a long time, but the FAA F-4K mini Avatar next to the Cold War tab was new to me.

Tony 

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Cees Broere said:

There you have it, despite my slow building I have finished my FGR-2 and no HKM kit on the horizon:mellow:

due to the photobucket foul-up I don’t use photohosting services anymore, but pics can be seen at LSM.B)

Oh wow that is a great model. I am so pleased to see my canopies being used, it is always great for me to see my products being used on models that get finished….it inspires me, so thank you for that. I need to go back more and follow your build, it may help me develop more sets.

cheers Ali