New HKM 1/32 model coming soon...

kkarlsen

1 hour ago, Alain Gadbois said:

NEW HKM 1/32 KIT COMING SOON!

Never discussed before:

Avro Manchester Nose Art Kit

(They did fly some missions)

Alain

Actually, a B-17 Nose Art Kit would make a nice series of this. With many colorful options out there...

Even a B-17 Tail Art Kit could be interesting... :D

Just saying.

Juraj

4 minutes ago, Trak-Tor said:

Actually, a B-17 Nose Art Kit would make a nice series of this. With many colorful options out there...

Even a B-17 Tail Art Kit could be interesting... :D

Really, with the tooling already made and assumedly still viable to use, + the vast amount of schemes and available nose art, it makes a lot of sense actually. Plus, there is a lot of love out there for the B-17, and a lot more people might be interested that normally would not have the room/space/time/courage to tackle the full kit. 

If you just can't decide between three different B-17's or Lancasters or B-25's, but have space for one on the shelf.... or space for none on the shelf, this gets you part of the way there. I find myself liking this more and more and hoping they do versions of this with their other kits. Call me crazy, but this may do well for them.

Sorry to those who are disappointed, but there is something for everyone in this hobby and even with all of the disasters and trouble some have had, we still keep seeing new shiny objects to chase.

Tnarg

58 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

So we now have model kit manufacturers selling semi-kit parts of their kits.  And people think I'm all wet when I say that 1/32 four-engined bomber kits are a losing proposition?  

Not all wet just a bit annoying sometimes. ^_^

Do not you think in this case it is a mute point?  The company is adapting. Not a negative IMHO. I will never buy the full kit it is too big. Others will find room.  My big kit choices have already been made. 

3 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

So we now have model kit manufacturers selling semi-kit parts of their kits.  And people think I'm all wet when I say that 1/32 four-engined bomber kits are a losing proposition?  

I don’t think that at all Jennings. You have a valid point that for some these kits are not for them. I don’t think it is only size however, it may also be cost (and maybe scope of the kit). For example we can now obtain a Lancaster in 1:144 right up to 1:32 (I was mad enough at one point to buy a vacform 1:24 Lanc’ at Telford but we’ll draw a veil over that). So you pays yer money and takes yer choice :wacko:. The A-Model 1:144 kit may possibly be assembled and painted in a weekend whereas the HKM kit is likely to take months. So whilst these big beasts may take time, skill, effort and a lot of cash relative to their smaller counterparts that doesn’t necessarily mean they are a money loser or else HKM and Z-M would probably be out of business long ago. Only those who are manufacturers can say for sure what they make from these kits. 

5 hours ago, Alain Gadbois said:

NEW HKM 1/32 KIT COMING SOON!

Never discussed before:

Avro Manchester Nose Art Kit

(They did fly some missions)

Alain

Not as crazy as it sounds. You’d have to fix the instrument panel, throttle quadrant, and engineer’s panel, plus the Manchester didn’t have a lot of the electronics boxes that the Lanc did.

53 minutes ago, John1 said:

I’ve always wanted a stand-alone kit of the Lanc’s starboard horizontal stabilizer.    

Let’s hope HKM has another exciting “New Kit Coming Soon!” Announcement and they make my dream come true.   

I'm of a similar mind regards the port engine nacelle on the Meteor, I do hope HK can make mine, and no doubt millions of others, dreams come true.

18 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

I'm of a similar mind regards the port engine nacelle on the Meteor, I do hope HK can make mine, and no doubt millions of others, dreams come true.

You must be mad: Nobody wants one of those: the starboard engine nacelle is what you want (and only from the NF.11).... the world has gone mad....:piliot:

1 minute ago, Archimedes said:

You must be mad: Nobody wants one of those: the starboard engine nacelle is what you want (and only from the NF.11).... the world has gone mad....:piliot:

You're all wrong; it's flaps. I needs me some flaps. I have a real "thing" for flaps.

2 hours ago, John1 said:

I’ve always wanted a stand-alone kit of the Lanc’s starboard horizontal stabilizer.    

Let’s hope HKM has another exciting “New Kit Coming Soon!” Announcement and they make my dream come true.   

You'll go nuts when they release a Lancaster rear fuselage in a Queen Mary trailer, in the squadron codes set. 

Tony 

3 hours ago, John1 said:

If you can find a port horizontal stabiliser enthusiast, and a bunch of equally esoteric modellers, you could group together - buy a kit and save a fortune!

Richard