New HKM 1/32 model coming soon...

kkarlsen

3 hours ago, iang said:

Indeed. It might have been a nice surprise without the marketing hype, but now I just feel disappointed. 

The hype was 100% our own doing! And good fun it was too :punk:

I can breathe a sigh of relief that my wallet will get a breather for the moment.

See you guys at the next hype rally!

1 minute ago, RadBaron said:

The hype was 100% our own doing! And good fun it was too :punk:

I can breathe a sigh of relief that my wallet will get a breather for the moment.

See you guys at the next hype rally!

100% agreed.

Knowing it was all our own doing I'm VERY relieved not to have to spend a dime on anything, as the Lanc is nice, but I wasn't really interested in the whole thing, let alone just a part of one. I'm also highly disappointed at the same time, as when it was mentioned a "new kit never discussed before" this is definitely not what I had in mind. 

Oh well, see you all at the next guessing party! 

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!  Did this really necessitate a press embargo! 

This isn't a simplified kit like the Meteor, it's a small part of a very complicated one.

I don't quite get it. Reminds me of an episode in Roseanne where the kid brother was sawing heads off his sister's dolls.

Money for the Trumpeter F-100F fund saved, and I can stock up on some Noilly and Ricard this week, so all's good.

Tony 

Am I a little disappointed that it is not a new tool super kit of something on my wish list? Naturally, of course, I always am when something I hoped for turns out not to be. Such is life. Buuuuuut I will more than likely buy one of these, maybe 2 as I was looking forward to the WNW version of the front section only kit too because as much as I like the Lancaster I don’t have room for a whole 1/32 and truthful probably. It the inclination to build one either. Hopefully though it’s not clear styrene. I just don’t get on with that much clear styrene. 

Edited by ade rowlands

I am not that interested in it, but good for HK for releasing this.  Since WNW lancaster stuff may be “gone with the wing”(movie reference on purpose, think of all the comparable metaphors) it makes sense to get this out for those who want ahead of someone else’s use of WNW molding that may or may not ever happen.  I don’t find it worth all the drama.  But then again I thought ii a bit of a sucker play the way they announced and people went off for thirty pages of what if.  I just don’t care for the tactic, on their part but wish them success and happiness for lancaster fans.

If you were really interested in the variation of markings of a number of WWI big heavy bombers and had limited space or even realistic ideas of that space, you might consider building just the nose of some of them to match this. Maybe it would look like the chiropractor's office my Dad would visit back in the 1970's with a big moose head mounted on the wall. He didn't display the whole moose, but just the head... along with lots of horns and other mounted beasts that he had shot. Or like that castle in Denmark we visited where the "mighty hunter" had row after row of horns and stuffed animals. We don't display the whole Lancaster... just the head. Hmmmm....

Don't say it like it's a bad thing. This could get me interested in a Lancaster, and find a way to build more of the other bombers... maybe sell the rest of the parts as loose sprue on ebay? or just buy the ones that make the nose? Interesting.....

Tnarg

4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

100% agreed.

Knowing it was all our own doing I'm VERY relieved not to have to spend a dime on anything, as the Lanc is nice, but I wasn't really interested in the whole thing, let alone just a part of one. I'm also highly disappointed at the same time, as when it was mentioned a "new kit never discussed before" this is definitely not what I had in mind. 

Oh well, see you all at the next guessing party! 

It may have never been discussed by HKM, but WNW had one or two nose sections in the pipeline, as I recall.

4 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Am I a little disappointed that it is not a new tool super kit of something on my wish list? Naturally, of course, I always am when something I hoped for turns out not to be. Such is life. Buuuuuut I will more than likely buy one of these, maybe 2 as I was looking forward to the WNW version of the front section only kit too because as much as I like the Lancaster I don’t have room for a whole 1/32 and truthful probably. It the inclination to build one either. Hopefully though it’s not clear styrene. I just don’t get on with that much clear styrene. 

I think you get the choice. clear or solid. 

I think kitsworld will by busy! 

Edited by Phartycr0c

2 hours ago, Tnarg said:

If you were really interested in the variation of markings of a number of WWI big heavy bombers and had limited space or even realistic ideas of that space, you might consider building just the nose of some of them to match this. Maybe it would look like the chiropractor's office my Dad would visit back in the 1970's with a big moose head mounted on the wall. He didn't display the whole moose, but just the head... along with lots of horns and other mounted beasts that he had shot. Or like that castle in Denmark we visited where the "mighty hunter" had row after row of horns and stuffed animals. We don't display the whole Lancaster... just the head. Hmmmm....

Or a bit like this:

http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/2019_Cockpit-Fest_Gallery

Richard

Edited by RLWP

1 hour ago, Phartycr0c said:

I think you get the choice. clear or solid. 

I think kitsworld will by busy! 

My understanding is that the clear fuselage halves were made prior to the moulds having all the engraving work done on them. They ran off a 1000 that way and then had the surface detail finished on the moulds for the regular solid parts. 

The clear parts I have don't have the rivet detail on them but are otherwise the same as the grey ones lends credence to this.

That's not to say they won't do clear halves, just they'll be a bit more obscured.

Carl