New HKM 1/32 model coming soon...

kkarlsen

In all fairness, I think this is a "banker" for HKM as it will be a popular seller, added to this are the nose art decals from the likes of Kitsworld etc that can vary the actual kit contents and Master barrel guns, Airscale dials and HGW belts.   

Certainly an alternative for those who cant store or don't want a full Lancaster. 

18 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Hmmm....  a bit underwhelming.   It's the 'new kit' hype without actually creating a new kit.

Indeed. It might have been a nice surprise without the marketing hype, but now I just feel disappointed. 

11 minutes ago, iang said:

Indeed. It might have been a nice surprise without the marketing hype, but now I just feel disappointed. 

But...all the hype came from this thread! None of it was marketing; all of it was rampant speculation by fickle modellers who (as noted earlier in this very thread) weren't going to be happy whatever was announced.

Kev

11 minutes ago, iang said:

To be fair, almost all of the hype was in this 32 page thread.  All HKM did was post a message that kit 01033 was coming soon and that it fit in their WW2 category.  That’s it.  Everything else was people here getting into a feeding frenzy guessing and wishing what the kit would be.

Ah good it doesn't clash with my magnum opus, I'll keep the machines running. 

I think it's a great idea and very marketable too, my local museum that houses 'Just Jane' I can see that kit selling quite well if they did her.

Any prospective buyer isn't faced with a whole kit to do and doubting their own modelling skills to do it justice but would be a good momento because as they say a lot today it could be 

displayed as a 'statement piece'.

Grham

Looks like it was outed today at The Modeling News too.

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2020/07/preview-hk-models-ahead-by-nose-on-new.html#more

May just be me, but compared to US aircraft, this is a pretty loose definition of nose “art”.  Except for one, or maybe two options, it’s just a lot of mission markings.

Edited by Dave Williams

22 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

May just be me, but compared to US aircraft, this is a pretty loose definition of nose “art”.  Except for one, or maybe two options, it’s just a lot of mission markings.

Around 20 options from Kits-World with a couple more in the pipeline.

Cheap too at around £10 a sheet.

:)

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=339360&code=&product_type_id=all_decals&scale_id=953&keyword_search=Lancaster&setPerPage=25&currency_id=

Edited by PhilB