New HKM 1/32 model coming soon...

kkarlsen

My completely uneducated guess is that it’s not going to a large 4 engined bomber in the same vein as their B-17 or Lanc.  If it’s a twin engine, I see it as twin fighter as opposed to twin bomber.  That would be keeping with the simple scheme as you wouldn’t have to deal with a full fuselage interior, bomb bay, or turrets.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a P-38 series, preferably the early F/G/H versions like the 1/48 Tamiya kit.

Personally, from the descriptions of what it might be, and what it probably isn't, along with my recent experience with a recent HKM kit, I'm likely to buy it.......this seems kinda fun to me, even if it is our own doing. But then again, I enjoy a bit of a guessing game.

If they were gonna stick with their twin-engined gig, I reckon they'd need two things:  A researchable aircraft...  that they can find real factory drawings of, or an existing example they can measure.  Cuz we know every rivet and panel line will be counted and scrutinized.  From what I've read, that leaves the Dornier Do 17 out.  And would they bother to tackle a subject like the Me-110 that has conversion sets already on the market?  

Has anybody done an A-20 yet?  A plane that was everywhere, and yet not very famous.

Still sticking with P-38 though.

If it is a twin and they want to rely on correct existing information, this is indeed probably a Beaufighter or Me110G as both will be good sellers. With regard to the availability of the AIMS conversions, we should keep in mind the development of such a kit is asking for some years whereas the resin set is quite recent. 

8 hours ago, petrov27 said:

ha well the last time they announced a big release was imminent another company popped up 2 seconds later to take all the wind from their sails by announcing they were coming out with the same thing. I still recall all the "im gonna pass on the HK kit and wait for the other to come out...." comments here and elsewhere - had to be pretty big kick in the nether regions to hear that after investing much time and effort into a new release....

Honestly they can't win either way and are just probably a little gun shy to announce too early :)

...and look what happened when everyone waited for that Lancaster to appear....Oh wait a minute it didn't and now those of us mad enough to build 1/32 heavies will want the HKM one that we can actually buy. Thank you Neil for getting that one out of the door and I hope you have made a tidy profit from it! 

47 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

If it is a twin and they want to rely on correct existing information, this is indeed probably a Beaufighter or Me110G as both will be good sellers. With regard to the availability of the AIMS conversions, we should keep in mind the development of such a kit is asking for some years whereas the resin set is quite recent. 

They do have a predilection with WWII twins so my parlour game guesses are:

C47/DC-3 - Unlikely

Me110 G4  - desirable (but researchable?)

Me210 or 410 of any type? Outside chance - again researchable?

Beaufighter - front runner

B26 - apparently not

Wellington - curve ball choice

and yes I'd be happy with any and all of those. :)

They are announcing a what? What were they thinking? Whatever this is, I am so disappointed.

When are we going to get a kit of that model that everyone has avoided so far because it is unsaleable and I won't buy anyway because it is not the version I want and, anyway, Ken from the internet said it has a flaw that may not even be real?

Radu

:D:D:D