New HKM 1/32 model coming soon...

kkarlsen

9 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

What if it’s not British, not twin-engined, and not WWII?

woZPnx.png

Although I would absolutely JUMP for joy (SIX!!!!!)   To my knowledge, that would be  a few firsts for HKM, their first single engine fighter? and possibly their first modern era jet? (I'm not counting the Meteor since it was a WWII design) Seems unlikely..............

Although in this instance, I would be happier than happy to be the MOST wrong on that though.

38 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

What if it’s not British, not twin-engined, and not WWII?

woZPnx.png

Oh no!  Not one of them!  I had to build the 1/48 scale for the old man.  He was an armorer during the 60's.  I sure as hell don;t wanna have to ship one in 1/32 to the US from here.

12 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

HKM losing a lot of good will here I think

just bloody get on with it - you’re not Tamiya...

While I agree with just making the announcement, I don’t see them as losing any good will.  The vast majority of people here are just having fun guessing.

12 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

ha well the last time they announced a big release was imminent another company popped up 2 seconds later to take all the wind from their sails by announcing they were coming out with the same thing. I still recall all the "im gonna pass on the HK kit and wait for the other to come out...." comments here and elsewhere - had to be pretty big kick in the nether regions to hear that after investing much time and effort into a new release....

Honestly they can't win either way and are just probably a little gun shy to announce too early :)

Edited by LSP_Mike

49 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

How so? All HKM has done is put a placeholder item on its website. The rest has been all us. There's been no announcement of an announcement. That, again, came from us.

My understanding of the situation is that the U.S. distributor is holding a bit of sway in this area, and I know they've done the same with Kitty Hawk, too. If you doubt that importers and distributors really have this much power and influence, just think back to the Trumpeter Wildcat situation.

Kev

21 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Might seem unlikely, but....

The Polish (caughtinthemiddle) guy who designs decals for some of HKM's WW2 subjects seems to know what the kit is, according to his post on BM in the rumourmonger section.

But then he might know and not be behind the decals.

I'm guessing Bf 110 G-4 or another nachtjäger but it could be a wild card like a Petlyakov Pe-2, Lockheed P-38 or Bristol Blenheim or Beaufort — but I'd go nuts for a Convair Six. 

Tony 

14 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Given what seems a preoccupation with WWII multi-engined craft, including the rather odd choice (as I see it) of the Do 335, I'm going to guess B-26 Marauder.

I have it from the horse's mouth that HKM has no interest in pursuing a 1/32 Marauder kit. Red herring? Sure, it's possible. But it would be a first.

Kev