New HKM 1/32 model coming soon...

kkarlsen

1 minute ago, Out2gtcha said:

I can see where you are coming from, but I virtually guarantee, its two fold; price and medium.  For me, there is no way I'm paying over $1000 US for any model. Couple that with the resin medium which could scare away a lot of those who might be able to afford the hefty price tag, and you have a poor seller for sure. 

I understand what you're saying, too.  I'm no fan of resin myself.  But if I wanted to make money, I certainly wouldn't ignore sales of other kits in other scales.  There are a lot of holes in aircraft models  covered in 1/32 scale. 

2 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

I understand what you're saying, too.  I'm no fan of resin myself.  But if I wanted to make money, I certainly wouldn't ignore sales of other kits in other scales.  There are a lot of holes in aircraft models  covered in 1/32 scale. 

I'd have bought the DC-3 kit in a heartbeat had it been $200; even the fact that it was resin doesn't bother me. The poor sales of the HpH kit have nothing to do with the subject, and everything to do with the price—and to a lesser extent, the medium.

Kev

2 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

Beaufighter. Used all over, several variants, multiple schemes

Definitely a better choice.  But hell...  it could be anything.

If Bookface is saying July announcement, then it's likely to be announced before Kevin receives it in the post.  And if it is an RAF twin, then digits crossed it's a Beaufighter.  Then lots of aftermarket goodies to go with it and we'll finally have a really good LSP Beaufighter.  Their Meteor builds into a very nice model despite being "basic" with a few choice AM goodies.

fyyFPJ.jpg

a09hUl.jpg

Cheers,

Michael

19 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Nope. I don't even know if it has been sent yet. And I suspect that it may be some time before it arrives - especially since we're about to go back in to Stage 3 lockdown where I live.

Why does this prevent it's 'announcement'  ???  :shrug: