New HKM 1/32 model coming soon...

kkarlsen

58 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I think the latter point is the real reason that it hasn't been a great seller; that, and the fact that most of the online builds I've seen so far have reported multiple fit problems.

Kev

Indeed, you cannot 'assemble' that kit. You need to have good scratchbuilding experience to go over some issues I have detected. Nothing looks impossible to solve but considering such a normal retail price, people were waiting for an excellent fit whereas this is not the case for some parts such as the resin belly part or some interior parts. It looks this is essentially linked to mold retraction. People who got the very initial kits (the first twenty ones?) will surely have less issues. 

4 hours ago, Basta said:

I agree with that in general , but I wasn't kidding about the parts count of the HPH kit, it's well over 1800 bits of this and that, and the price is over $800 USD. 

That might count a bit for its underwhelming sales. 

I have to agree on the HpH kit: at the price they have been asking for their C47 it needs to be very good indeed. I’ve been listening to a couple of people I know who have bought these and apparently it does not justify the price. Your mileage may vary on that. 

Although most modellers may prefer their aircraft with guns aboard I am not one of them and enjoy civilian subjects just as much which is why I was waiting for the DC-3 variant from HpH (which the box art shows in great markings). If HKM pull a DC-3 out of the hat I’ll be taking a serious look at it.  I’d also do the same with a Ju-52 for that matter as I do have a soft spot for the Tante Ju.  But, back to the DC-3: Isn’t it a little surprising, despite the 1/32 riches we have around us, that what is arguably the most important aircraft ever designed after the Wright Flyer has not yet been done to modern standards? The DC-3 revolutionised air travel.  Well, unless HKM have done one this time around I’ll get back to carving a block of wood for mine...

2 minutes ago, Cees Broere said:

Thought this topic was about HKM's new kit? Another one of those I want ........ thread;)

Yep....in the hope that people of influence are watching and our wishes will all come true LOL

Now, did I mention I wanted a PV-1 Ventura???

What's the bet it will be an Andover...Funny??  No? Ok, I will get my coat on the way out......

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Pity the ones in the know are under embargo, but time will tell soon I hope. In the meantime please continue adding to this wishlist:ph34r:

Oh, apart from worldpeace, I want a Halifax (all marks) Blenheim IV, Hampden, Whitley, Stirling, Manchester (mine takes too long), Battle and we really need

a Hawkermarine Hurrifire Mk A1.:D

On 7/5/2020 at 8:52 PM, Gazzas said:

I've heard that the HPH model has been a less than spectacular seller despite many ppl saying it would be.

Facts is...  more modellers prefer planes with guns.

Well if it is to be a C-47 then those that hafta have guns, best do theirs as Puff! Many a gun to be installed...

Hi, 

For me  a Lagg family Lagg 3, La 5, or, I have lot of ideas 

Blackburn roc, skua, Fairey Barracuda, beaufigther, sbc biplane helldiver,Jf2 Duck, P 43 Lancer, fairey firefly, HAWKER TYPHOON,

Fairey Fulmar , Fairey Battle....

Have a nice day, topper71