New HKM 1/32 model coming soon...

kkarlsen

31 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

The two things I can confirm that it's not is a P-51B and any form of B-26.

Kev

Well thats a big let down for me,...I was really hoping for the B-26, I have zero interest in the other bombers they have done, except for the B-25, but yet, I have never modelled one,...oh well, hopefully its something I will be interested in.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

2 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I know more about what the kit isn't, than what it actually is, and I don't think anybody has guessed it so far yet. All I know about it is that it's a new kit that has not been previously announced or discussed. It's been ready for over a month, but distributors asked Neil to hold off on the release due to COVID.

In any case, whatever it is, Neil's sending me one on Monday, so I guess I'll know at least some time next week. And if I'm allowed to, I'll share it with you guys (I may not be, however).

Kev

I will be waiting outside your house for the postie to arrive. i might even get it while you are at work.

2 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I know more about what the kit isn't, than what it actually is, and I don't think anybody has guessed it so far yet. All I know about it is that it's a new kit that has not been previously announced or discussed. It's been ready for over a month, but distributors asked Neil to hold off on the release due to COVID.

In any case, whatever it is, Neil's sending me one on Monday, so I guess I'll know at least some time next week. And if I'm allowed to, I'll share it with you guys (I may not be, however).

Kev

If that's the case ... Given that the gestation period for these things is quite a while - I was thinking it might be a bit early for the Ju-52 still - I just didn't want to jinx it in case it arrived earlier than expected :). I'd be expecting more CAD and a few test shot sprues before release on that one ...

Interesting that it's an all new kit of something that hasn't been publicly acknowledged by Neil before?! He's done well to keep it under wraps for the 5+ years that it take's to design and pop these out. I wonder if he's managed to get some "expert" input on the aircraft (to avoid any obvious design errors) ... 

He's SENDING it Monday?? ... enjoy the 3-4 week postal period due to Virus Panic Syndrome ... My Ar-234 book from Rich just landed in Melbourne on July 2 - after leaving the UK on June 13 and given the lockdown situation over there atm I'm expecting it'll be a while before it gets here!! ... Crazy.

I hope he'll let you do the big reveal .... but if not ... I'll be ready when it hits the shelves - Metros just restocked with HKM stuff last week and demand for our hobby has increased due to home-time ... strange that he was advised against releasing?!

Rog :)

1 minute ago, LSP_Kevin said:

The only other hint I've been given is that this kit will be somewhat simplified, more in keeping with the Meteor than the Lancaster.

Kev

TBH .... I've always thought that's his best bet - let the cottage industry go to town on the super detailing.

Mind you - easier said than done isn't it?? ... To include just enough detail for Joe Average - without causing cost blow outs for over tooling.

Rog :)

10 minutes ago, Finn said:

I guess that means it's not a Lancaster Mk II then. :(

Jari

I honestly don't know what it is, or whether any of what I'm surmising is actually true. Time will tell! But my hope is that it's either a Bf 110G-4, or a He 177. If it's anything other than those two, then I'll probably be happy anyway.

Kev