1/48 Stuka - Airfix or Hasegawa?

Looks like Airfix only has the early one, which seems to go together well except for right around the cowling.  Hasegawa has the later versions of the Stuka, which Airfix doesn't cover.  For the B model, I'd go with the Airfix one, unless you really want one of the specific boxings Hasegawa makes.  IIRC, the canopies on the Hasegawa kit are next to impossible to construct open.

Matt 

Then Airfix, unless you really demand one of the special decal schemes Hasegawa offers.  The Airfix cockpit is better, the one thing Hasegawa has that's better is the surface detail is finer.  Airfix hasn't yet figured out how to make fine panel lines.

Matt 

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2020 at 7:57 PM, Pup7309 said:

Should have been more specific- the B/ early Stuka. 

I built the Airfix one 2 years or so ago.  Went together nicely.  Only pitfalls were a couple sink marks and rather heavy recessed panel lines.  I'd buy another if I wanted to do one in that scale again.  It's got some nice engineering to enure your wing angles stay correct.

A couple photos dredged up:

xzwEf8.jpg

And you won't get any Swastikas.  My decals are an AM set from France.

rzYHol.jpg

Gaz

Edited by Gazzas
1 hour ago, Gazzas said:

I built the Airfix one 2 years or so ago.  Went together nicely.  Only pitfalls were a couple sink marks and rather heavy recessed panel lines.  I'd buy another if I wanted to do one in that scale again.  It's got some nice engineering to enure your wing angles stay correct.

A couple photos dredged up:

xzwEf8.jpg

And you won't get any Swastikas.  My decals are an AM set from France.

rzYHol.jpg

Gaz

That looks real nice. Interesting engineering indeed!