Best 109e build in 1/48 - any suggestions?

I am looking foreword to the Wingsy kit.  However of what is available now, I build the Tamiya one many years ago and it is such a nice build.  Did not even know what I was doing, still have it and just no significant seam lines.  Super precise build kit.  I need to get ambitious and redo the canopy but otherwise wonderful build.  Just add some PE buelts and maybe a instrument panel

11 hours ago, cbk57 said:

I am looking foreword to the Wingsy kit.  However of what is available now, I build the Tamiya one many years ago and it is such a nice build.  Did not even know what I was doing, still have it and just no significant seam lines.  Super precise build kit.  I need to get ambitious and redo the canopy but otherwise wonderful build.  Just add some PE buelts and maybe a instrument panel

Thanks! Interesting. I built this over 20 yrs ago with little modelling experience and still very pleased with results (a bit of filler on the lower wing root aside- probably my jam fistedness) 

Have been out of the hobby for a while so thought it may be superceded by now but no! 

Might just have to wait for the wingsy to see if it trumps the Tamiya :D

I believe that Tamiya launched a 109G in 2018 which is very highly regarded from all the reviews I read at the time.

https://imodeler.com/2018/03/kit-review-1-48-tamiya-61117-messerschmitt-bf-106-g6-part-2-of-2/

Make me wish I could still see 1/48 parts :( :lol:.  Hope they upscale it to 1/32 :please:.

Cheers,

Michael

I’m partial to the 1990s Tamiya kit as well.  The prop blades are anemic, but Ultracast makes a nice replacement for not much money.  Aside from that there’s very little to fault the kit for.  I’ve never really liked the Eduard kit for some reason.  The “look and sit” of the Tamiya kit is bang-on IMHO.