A6M2b Zero - Attack on Pearl Harbor - 1/32 Tamiya

Alex

3 minutes ago, dennismcc said:

That looks great, I like the attention to detail right to the very end.

Cheers

Dennis

Trying to resist the temptation to rush the final bits.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Trying to resist the temptation to rush the final bits.

Yes that is one of my faults, I always mean to really wrap up a build but on a lot of occasions I leave the small finishing details out or rush them.

Cheers

Dennis

So I think this is a wrap for this model.  I'll post the usual iPhone photo on messy bench for the record here, but I am going to try to do a better RFI.  I ordered a cheap gray tablecloth from Amazon to use as a visually neutral backdrop, and I dug out and charged up my Cannon DSLR (which I don't think I've touched in 3 years).  I'm going to try and make some better looking photos to document the completed model.

pmFfisjRj

Next up will be a Ki-86a IJAAF trainer (a license-built Bucker Bu131) over in the Training Day group build forum!  I am excited to get started on that.

Edited by Alex

Hello Alex,

Great looking model - well done. But, and there's always a but, the prop spinner should have the de-icing holes between each of the prop blades drilled out. You mentioned the prop is removable so it still could be lone with not too much trouble.

I'm glad I could provide a few suggestions while you did all the work.

Ryan

89 Single Bolt

1 hour ago, A6M said:

Hello Alex,

Great looking model - well done. But, and there's always a but, the prop spinner should have the de-icing holes between each of the prop blades drilled out. You mentioned the prop is removable so it still could be lone with not too much trouble.

I'm glad I could provide a few suggestions while you did all the work.

Ryan

89 Single Bolt

Thanks Ryan, I can certainly do that.  And thank you very much for all of your research and suggestions along the way.  Mine’s just the latest Zero here that has benefited from your assistance!