Sign in to follow this  
lawman56

Don't you just love when....

....you spend hours trying to create something from scratch and after multiple failed attempts, suddenly remember there's an easier way?

Let me 'splain. I've been slowly plodding along building a diorama for a friend, of an F6F-3 Hellcat on a carrier deck. I chose to scratch build my own deck so I could create the angle I wanted. In a nutshell, the aircraft has just reached the flight deck via elevator, wings still folded, tow motor and crew standing by to hook up. I purchased photo etch tie down strips, but decided I wanted real depth, so I built the channels up with styrene, marked the center and started to remove material. After I chewed enough of them up terribly, I pulled them and resigned myself to trying again. Then it hit me. All this creative energy going in to making channel strips for my tie downs and EVERGREEN MAKES STYRENE CHANNEL!!!!!!! Oof. :BANGHEAD2:

So off to the hobby shop I go..... 

I think we've all been there. Just last night I found out that Aber does/did several items for the 1:16 King Tiger/Jagdtiger that I had previously been blissfully unaware of, and have been trying to "make do" with what the kit provides.