Revell BF109 G6 Late or Trumpeters BF109 G6 Late kit which one is better?

Nachtjaeger

Hey guys, its been a long time since Ive posted, life and work have kept me busy. OK I am about to drop some money on a 1/32 BF  109 G6 Late model. My question is which one in your opinion is a better kit. Revells BF109 G6 Late or Trumpeters New BF109 G6 Late kit. Thank you I would appreciate any input or experience you gentlemen might have on these model kits.

15 minutes ago, Nachtjaeger said:

Hey guys, its been a long time since Ive posted, life and work have kept me busy. OK I am about to drop some money on a 1/32 BF  109 G6 Late model. My question is which one in your opinion is a better kit. Revells BF109 G6 Late or Trumpeters New BF109 G6 Late kit. Thank you I would appreciate any input or experience you gentlemen might have on these model kits.

My vote is for Revell but they missed some obvious stuff.   To do it right, you need to address the mg bulges, control surfaces and oil cooler.   Then you have silly stuff like the deart with moulded on seatbelts.    

Hoping at some point Tamiya does this very important aircraft.  

I second looking at Thierry’s tweak list.  It’s very helpful.  

Edited by John1

At least some of the Trumpy kits have canopies that get wider at the rear of the cockpit, i.e., the top of the canopy glass gets wider, as the rails are wider. Should be parallel. 

The Revell G-6 kit is very accurate in its basic proportions but the cowl gun troughs are about 2mm too close together, the cowl beule are noticeably undersized and the oil cooler is a poor representation.   But there is after market resin that address all three issues. 

The Hasegawa is very good in it basic dimensions, the exception being the forward fuselage which is about 4 mm too short.  This is located aft of the cowl and forward of the cockpit.  Although 4mm does not sound like much it puts the buele noticeably too close to the cockpit.   

The Trumpeter kit has an odd look to it , largely because of errors in the fuselage, forward of the canopy.     

Edited by RBrown

Yep the vertical sides of the cowl below the exhausts are far to rounded on the Trumpeter kit. It gives the nose a far to pointed look because the lower cowl lacks depth because they rounded its side off to much.

if your building it to show the engine it wont be an issue.

Closed cowl you cant miss this issue its visually very obvious.
Personally Hasegawa is easily the best out of box not requiring any replacement parts due to errors.

Revell G-6 needs new gun bulges.

Trump needs a new lower cowling and rudder.

I’ve only ever built one Bf109, that was the Revell G6. Enjoyable kit, taking into consideration the point raised above, but the biggest “weakness” in every respect is the undercarriage. Mine gradually collapsed, the Brassin replacement fixed it. 

The molds are done for the early Gs. They consist of 

cowling (this time with correct spacing for the guns)

spoked main wheels and the early landing gear legs

small tailwheel and fork

inner top wing w/o bulge

Not done are the tropical filter and the underwing gondolas (still do not know why this had happened). This sincerely limits the color options.

It surely will be released.