what is the best F/A-18E 1/32

raphaelmd

A can of worms with this one.  The Revell kit has better detail (except maybe the cockpit, which is weak and seems unfinished on the Revell kit) and is generally more accurate, but is a real bear to put together.  A few people have pushed through, but for a lot of people, the Revell kit isn’t worth the effort.  The plastic is also soft with the Revell kit, and I have concerns whether the gear will hold up in the long term.  Having both kits, my reluctant vote is for the Trumpeter kit.

I am working on the Revell kit right now. Perhaps, in the end, the extra work will be worth it, but right now the basic assembly of the fuselage is a real bear. It is overly complicated with poor fit. 

I haven't built the Trumpeter kit but it has to be better than the Revell kit.

Dan

Have built the Trumpeter kit and tried the Revell kit. Both need careful dryfitting/scraping/sanding/cussing/alcohol/planning on assembly order...both lacking in the pits, both have accuracy faults, but for engineering and ease of assembly, the Trumpeter kit is "better" than the Revell kit. Either way, both will be challenging, either will drive you nuts. Shame about the Revell kit, a lot of modellers had high expectations, definitely not like many of their recent releases.

Don

I can only offer my opinion on the Trumpeter kit(s) I've built the E and the G I wouldn't say they fall together but with careful assembly I had really no problem with either, even having added resin seats, exhausts, intakes, etc. etc. to the G

The Trumpeter kits could do with many refinements than can/should be made along the way during building but, if only discussing the build, you should encounter no real problem.