Hobby Models

They seem to have a very similar first time buyer code to and shop to this place:

https://militarymodeldepot.com

A friend tried to order something from and never got it.  Said it was in stock, but wasn’t.  Couldn’t get a hold of them.  I personally think these places are all linked to Internet Hobbies, who has a bad rep.  I’ve only used Internet Hobbies and won’t use them again.  All based in PA, similar online stores, and similar stories under the “about us” tab.

Edited by Dave Williams

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

They seem to have a very similar first time buyer code to and shop to this place:

https://militarymodeldepot.com

A friend tried to order something from and never got it.  Said it was in stock, but wasn’t.  Couldn’t get a hold of them.  I personally think these places are all linked to Internet Hobbies, who has a bad rep.  I’ve only used Internet Hobbies and won’t use them again.  All based in PA, similar online stores, and similar stories under the “about us” tab.

I also ordered from Internet hobbies and I noticed on my card account that payment went to hobby models.

I have been dealing with this business for a month and still haven't gotten what I paid for.

After:

No updates on orders

No answers or evasive answers to my emails

Insulting emails that I was being "paid to make derogatory comments about their business" and

Threats like " I'll tell my lawyer"

They sent me a shipment missing several items and marked my order as "fufilled" on their website.

Now, with me only asking via e-mail to send the missing items or give me a refund I'm back to the

Evasive emails again. 

When I tried to call them, I got messages saying the number was not in service. I used the address

On the package they sent me to find their phone number on the net the number given was answered by

A recording for a children's day care. Finally I managed through email to get them to provide a number,however,

Nobody answer. I get a message saying that they are unavailable. It's been a frustrating month and I still haven't

Gotten any answers from them, or my items or a refund

Edited by Belugawhaleman

Thanks, I did tell them I was going to my bank. That's when they seemed to be cooperative and Sent me my order

which proved to be incomplete. I'm not sure I can go to my bank now to stop payment . Hobby Model drew funds

On my card immediately on ordering my items. I've never seen a business do that before. Usually, in my experience, there's a hold for a few days (processing) or a charge at time of shipment. I never have been accused of "Being paid

by my competitors to make derogatory comments about  my business" for simply inquiring about an order before.

You don't owe that vendor anything, including explanations of what you're going to do.  Just do it.  The second that accusation happened, I'd ask for a refund for the balance of the unsent items and then explain the situation to the credit card company.  This is a fight I believe you can win.  Bring all the proof you have, to your bank, including the accusatory emails and explain what's going on.

You've already made us aware of their shady business practices so it's unlikely that anyone whose read this post will patronize their business(es).  Just do the exact same thing in the appropriate places on other modeling forums (don't forget Facebook if you're a member there).  Tell your story to as many people as possible (if you haven't already).

Bad customer service, dare I say customer abuse, shouldn't be rewarded with increased traffic (virtual though it may be).

You'll probably never get the satisfaction you're looking for (the stuff you ordered) and the unfounded accusatory statements by the vendor justify the above action.

Edited by Juggernut

At last there might be a solution to this problem

After MANY emails and attempts to contact these people I discovered that the owner left a message on

my voicemail. He asked me to send him a list of the missing items. So I did-for the third time. It's a breakthrough, but, I'm not entirely hopeful. I hear he has offered "store credit" in the past which would be meaningless in his case.

We shall see.

1 hour ago, Belugawhaleman said:

At last there might be a solution to this problem

After MANY emails and attempts to contact these people I discovered that the owner left a message on

my voicemail. He asked me to send him a list of the missing items. So I did-for the third time. It's a breakthrough, but, I'm not entirely hopeful. I hear he has offered "store credit" in the past which would be meaningless in his case.

We shall see.

Promising that the owner left a message.

I've had a similar experience with a company that sounds similar (maybe not the same?) to that one. Much the same issues. Ordered, paid and then some items just not delivered.  I just put it in the hands of my bank and they organised a refund for what wasn't delivered. Luckily for me the box packing slips showed that not everything that was ordered had been delivered.

Fingers crossed your experience isn't the norm and that you get a result.  If the owner is involved I suspect something definitive will happen either way. The main thing is that you paid via a method where there is redress if you don't get what you paid for.

Good luck!  Matty

Also found website Hobby rails and Model ship depot are similar. Identical website format and

Pennsylvania address. Check address if  Pennsylvania address  if

south canaan beware!

Edited by Belugawhaleman

internethobbies and hobbymodels are the same. I've ordered from first but my card was charged by second and package came from it as well. I received one kit out of two ordered and went through credit card chargeback to get refund. Well, 50% success rate.

I just got a series of crazy emails from them after I mentioned the Better Business Bureau. They claimed I

Was part of a "hidden agenda" and that they "advised" the BBB. They say that they refunded me but it doesn't

show in my bank account. What a mess. I spoke with Dale and he said he would take care of my order and then all

These emails. What the hell? How can a business complain about a customer?