Hong Kong Models B-25 Glass Nose.

ade rowlands

1 hour ago, ade rowlands said:

You haven’t binned the double build? 

Sadly I did. Burned out badly on them and got fed up. Wasn't the best idea to tackle two at once. They went out as part of a huge purge of my workspace. 

2 minutes ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Sadly I did. Burned out badly on them and got fed up. Wasn't the best idea to tackle two at once. They went out as part of a huge purge of my workspace. 

Damn Carl, that’s too bad. But I’ve been there. Sold my entire stash of 1/32 stuff as a result and went to 1/48 ‘because smaller will be simpler and I’d be less inclined to add detail upon detail’ well no, not really.  I still ended up adding detail. Only smaller much more fiddly detail. That 1/48 stash which barely qualified as a stash with 5 total kits was purged and the 1/32 one rebuilt at much cost because the prices had gone up over the years of building that original 1/32 stash. 

I dug around and so far have found:

- a complete Eduard cockpit set. It says it's for the gunship but they're all the same inside. You'd need the separate nose section set for the glass nose. 

- main tires and hubs from Eduard

- Kits World RAF stencils decal sheet

- various control surfaces, one metal MLG leg,

I'll keep looking around but there's definitely more that I've seen around. Just need to remember where I put it.

Carl

3 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

I dug around and so far have found:

- a complete Eduard cockpit set. It says it's for the gunship but they're all the same inside. You'd need the separate nose section set for the glass nose. 

- main tires and hubs from Eduard

- Kits World RAF stencils decal sheet

- various control surfaces, one metal MLG leg,

I'll keep looking around but there's definitely more that I've seen around. Just need to remember where I put it.

Carl

Thanks Carl, theres no hurry. This will be quite far down the build pile when the kit does arrive. Just didn't want to miss out on the glass nose like I did first time around.

• 1 year later...