1/18th Merit SBD-2 "2106" at Midway

REJ

I was a 95B from 1974 through 1994 with 7 1/2 months in the desert for Desert Shield/Desert Storm. I still work in LE here in Texas and have since retiring from the Army....retiring again in about 18 months. So as Paul Harvey said, "Now you know the rest of the story.". So how long have you been a LEO?

10 hours ago, REJ said:

I was a 95B from 1974 through 1994 with 7 1/2 months in the desert for Desert Shield/Desert Storm. I still work in LE here in Texas and have since retiring from the Army....retiring again in about 18 months. So as Paul Harvey said, "Now you know the rest of the story.". So how long have you been a LEO?

I was a 95B with an ASI as Q9 from 85-94, including Just Cause and Desert Shield/Storm. Got out in 94 thanks to recurring injury to my left Achilles. Spent my entire time assigned to the 16MP Bde (ABN) out of Ft. Bragg, NC. Bounced around doing this and that until 2004 and became a DA armed guard finishing my time working the FORSCOM/USARC Hq until 2016 when service connected back issues forced me into an early retirement. Now going to school on the VA's dime and getting a degree in history.

I hear you...suffering from service related injuries to my knees and back, but they didn't become a serious issue until some 4 years after retirement from the Army. Still working on VA benefits...and returned to the hobby I have loved since childhood. Never could practice the hobby in the Army because we moved around too often. Now I use it to stay sane.

I have tried at least a half dozen times now to make an acceptable 6 stencil...and each time it has been oooogly to say the least. The masking tape refuses to give me a decent cut in all the small corners. Test shots with paint reveals feathered corners and worse. So...I ordered some frisket tape (due here tomorrow) and hope I can get this done.