RAF VIP Transporter

£900,000 classy - hmm...

This is getting perilously close to political. so I'll leave it here ,, apart from saying yes it rather swish! - Paging Jennings....

Edited by Scotsman

8 hours ago, RLWP said:

Isn't it the old British Airways livery?

It certainly looks similar.

I used to do my Air Cadet flying from Marshalls, Cambridge, with 5AEF: it's changed a bit since the 1970s (not least the new tower), but still recognisable enough for a hit of nostalgia.

The overall white is pretty much going back to the old RAF Transport Command scheme so no real surprises.

The tail is very similar to the British Airways Chatham Historic Dockyard livery with the Union Flag.

Having personally seen the aircraft that various heads of state turn up with on official visits then I think it was perhaps time we were better than "grey".

Don't forget though that it's still an RAF aircraft so when not being used for visits it will still be doing it's "Day" job.

It also seems the "Twitterati" who were screaming (as they always do) about it being red all over were wrong.

:D

12 hours ago, RLWP said:

Isn't it the old British Airways livery?

The various red white and blue Birdseed liveries didn't use the entire Union flag, only a representation of a bit of it.

I like it.

Nice, I like it. No overdone pre-shading or panel line washes, a potential competition winner.

Need some decals for my A330 kit.

On an unrelated topic, there is a significant "dip" in the runway at Cambridge, I am surprised that it is not flatter, but I no nothing about runway tolerances.

I always cringe when I see these large aircraft doing tight turns when taxying. I once read a NOTAM which had an article about the damage and strain tight turns can put on bogies and tyres. Any pilots out there that have been spoken to about this?

TRF