Hasegawa 32nd TA-4K

Anthony in NZ

Hi gents

Well after all the awesome work going on here I felt inspired to get the Skyhawk project out again after getting bogged down and grinding to a halt. Thanks to the likes of Jay L, Chris, Saso, Brian etc..........

I sat up late the last couple of nights modeling a storm, which is not like me as I am usually painfully slow. So please dont expect this to be finished in the next few months.

First is some nose detail

Thanks for looking

Anthony

post-4-1136604179.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

Very nice work Anthony. Really tidy. I'll look forward to the progress now.

Incidentally I saw a post over on Hyperscale a little while ago where they were talking about the fact that there are no aftermarket resin wheels for skyhawks in all scales... :wub:

Cheers mate,

Jay

Hi Anthony,

thats great work you´ve done there!! Looks great! Keep it up. I like the scratch building.

Cheers,

Chris

A big Ditto but its godda be a Kiwi bird eh? They were such hot shot pilots. Wow could watch those lads all day.

thats 'choice'

Cheers MAtt

Thanks Guys

I appreciate the encouragement,

Jamie & Matt, yes it definately will be a Kiwi bird. I am doing her as a KAHU Upgrade one with the F-16 radar (actuallyif anyone has some leftoverTamiya bits, I would love them), Glass cockpit etc with wrap Euro 1 Green/grey camo. Your right guys Those RNZAF pilots could sure make those birds perform!!!!

Ted, I am looking at casting extra parts made, I have a master for the wheels already and a few other bits. Willy Peeters has the centreline pylon complete and is working on the others as time permits.

Jay I missed that post, I better hurry up and get a few bits over to you!

Had a family dinner last night and didnt get much done because they all left late! but assembled a Maverick and rail with a few mods to match the ones fitted to our 'K's

Thanks

post-4-1136664015.jpg

Well, today I reworked/modified the fuel dump.

Some time ago I made a master for the larger 400gal centreline fuel tank and plunge formed 2 halves. Well I glued them together over a kit 300gal one for strength. Cut the tail off and made a different back end as per my photo's with plastic and CA.

I then found that it wasnt completely round and spent aaaages making circular templates and filling where necessary again with CA & accellerator untill it was a nice circular profile all the way through. There is the odd little bump but nothing that will ever be noticeable as I have polished it up to find any imperfections and cant see them but can slightly feel one with my fingers. Oh well I am sure these things werent perfect anyway.

I just have to scribe detail on and make drains etc.....

Sorry for the poor pic quality, its late and I just cant get a decent shot with the flash.

post-4-1136796073.jpg

Thanks Brian

Thats a real compliment coming from you as I aspire to work to yours and others level.

You guys set the benchmark for me and give me the inspiration, as I have learnt so much from seeing your work.

Thanks!

Anthony