Trumpeter BAC Lightning - needs a re release

Scotsman

On 6/26/2020 at 7:41 AM, Tony T said:

Pricey, but quite a few people have been blasé about the cost of things during the pandemic.  

OTOH he/she might have a build commission worth a high three or low four figure sum and they need the kit now.

Not sure I'd part with my three (F.3, F.6 and F.6-to-T.55) unless you prized my dead fingers from the boxes.

Tony

I have one more Echelon Lighting kit and I feel the same way.  I think there are deep finger nail marks on it from the last owner.  LOL

Edited by Rick Griewski

On 6/25/2020 at 12:30 PM, Derek B said:

As a side note, I have noticed that kit availability has declined somewhat (and purchase prices have gone up) in the UK during this pandemic, which is bad news when you want to buy a specific model, but probably good news for modelling in general.

Derek

Still got yours in my stash Derek, just waiting to move into my new man cave. 

• 3 months later...

On the subject of kits selling for cray-cray dollar (yoof, innit?), a single-seater Revell 1/32 Eurofighter Typhoon sold for £255.00 on E-bay about six months ago. Strangely, after that sale, several examples of the same kit then sold for around £60 - £90. I guess someone really wanted an example of the model and wasn't too bothered what they paid for it. Makes me wonder about the two Typhoon kits I have sitting in the stash...

Chris. 

I'd love to see someone else issue one that doesn't need a bunch of corrections to look like a Lightning; if that makes me a lazy modeller/just an assembler/etc then so be it. :)

On 6/26/2020 at 1:00 PM, Tony T said:

In another life probably, but the chopped F.6 is obviously started. Waiting patiently for Iain's accessories.

Pretty stocked up on Lightning goodies too, and seem to be hoarding Hunter and Mirage III stuff, though I wish Revell would unearth those allegedly completed tools for the Hunter T.7 and Italeri release a Mirage IIIB and 5.

At the end of the day, if JETMADS did a near perfect resin Lightning, Sea Vixen or Super Mystère we'd be handing over bundles of €300 at a time.

Tony 

Renaissance Models do a Mirage 5 conversion for the Italeri IIIE, I have one awaiting start, and it looks good. 

44 minutes ago, MikeC said:

Renaissance Models do a Mirage 5 conversion for the Italeri IIIE, I have one awaiting start, and it looks good. 

It looks good except the bottom of the nose. The shape of the hump under the nose looks weird. I saw a sufficient number of Mirage V to see immediately that something is wrong. 

30 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

It looks good except the bottom of the nose. The shape of the hump under the nose looks weird. I saw a sufficient number of Mirage V to see immediately that something is wrong. 

I've not done too much research on this  but I assume that won't be an issue as I plan to do a 5BR?

I had no idea the /revell Eurofighters were so sought after , I got one fro £14.99 after they thought it was the 1/48th version, and no you can't have it!

As fro the Miage 5 , Hmm , just finished as IAF nesher , used the AMS nose and left it at that ...

Edited by Scotsman