1/32 scale P-47 Reference

Nick

Most of the jug references I have are now out of production but I’ll ask what you’re looking for in such a reference?  For general information and a good survey of the aircraft, the Squadron/Signal publications on the P-47 are good in my opinion.  

If you’re looking for a lot of details and minute differences between various models, the Aerodetail on the P-47 is a good primer but again, I’m not sure it’s still being published.

Someone may know of a better reference that I’m not currently aware of or haven’t mentioned but you may have trouble acquiring it if it’s not in publication.

How far do you want to go?  Aircorps library (google it) has on line drawings from the manufacturer, some complete, some not so much.  The P-47 collection is like 99% complete.  It's amazing.  But I am not sure you want to get into the nitty gritty detail.  And if you have no engineering background, it may be difficult to read the drawings and follow the drawing tree, etc.  Also there is a nominal cost to subscribe.

Yeah Nick , can you be more specific about your goals ?

Are you looking for color / scheme info , contour and dimension info.

There's lottsa stuff out there so you'd want to narrow it down a little.

Well thank you all for your help.  I guess what I am trying to do is to get better.  I currently just build out of the box.  I like it,  but I just want to be better.

I will take all your suggestions and try to find add them to my collection.

Thank you all again.

Stay safe.

Nick

Take a look at the many online walkarounds.  

Prime Portal and Cybermodeler have great reference photos and other info of greater quality and clarity than many old reference booklets 

with their small lo-res photos and often not the greatest quality printing.

Examine the kit and compare features with photos and see what you could improve. Those often solid moulded pyramids just aft of the lower cowling for instance

are vents which can hinge open and close, and gun tubes can be easily replaced with suitably sized micro-tube. And burnt stainless steel needle stock looks better than painted.

Take it slow and think about what you can do but also what you'd like to do. Maybe not this time, but on the next one or the one after.