Alex

Image hosting suggestions?

Hi all,

Up to now I've been putting build photos on my Facebook account and then linking them here.  I have discovered however that the links that FB provides are not permanent - they expire after a couple months (another reason to hate Facebook, I guess).  Do you all have suggestions for a free or at least very inexpensive alternative where I can associate permanent URLs with my photos to link them here with?

Thanks!

Imgur is free, but after the Photobucket debacle, I don't trust free services any more, so I went with ImageShack, which from memory costs around US$30 per year for a basic account.

Kev

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Imgur is free, but after the Photobucket debacle, I don't trust free services any more, so I went with ImageShack, which from memory costs around US$30 per year for a basic account.

Kev

Thanks - that sounds pretty reasonable.

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

Thanks - that sounds pretty reasonable.

It is, especially considering that it's been trouble free for me for the last three years.

fyi i have found imgur's folder organisation to be really sh*t and not at all intuitive

i am toying with ditching it

Posted (edited)

I use ImageShack too; I like the albums, and creating links is simple.

Edited by Sepp

20 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Kev

excellent suggestion.  They have a new subscriber deal - $19 for your first year.  I'm giving it a try.

Imageshack is super easy.  If you don't want to pay anything, expect less.  Imageshack is like $20 a year for essentially unlimited storage.  I couldn't be happier with it, and it's money well spent.

Been using imgur since Photobucket shat its bed with no issues. I use it to post my photos everywhere. Haven't had any problems with the folders myself but YMMV.