Hasegawa 1/32 recommendations?

Pup7309

Hi. Was looking at a few Japanese 1/32 Hasegawa kits. Plenty of positive online reviews.

Any recommendations? How do they compare to the 90s 1/48 kits  and recent 1/32nd kits from other companies,  if you know.

I believe Tamiya are a slight cut above but the recent Hasegawa 1/32 kits are nice, simple but also have great fit and detail. Happy to hear your thoughts...

Edited by Pup7309

The Ki 44, Ki 61, Ki 84, N1K2J, J2M and recent A6M5/A6M7 are good, accurately shaped and quite often easy to build if a little bit basic kits.

However, out of Japan, they are proportionally more expensive than similar kits from other manufacturers.

The old A6M5 and Ki 43 are now quite outdated.

I'm just finishing up the 1/32 scale Hasegawa N1K2-J kit the third Japanese WW2 kit that I have been building this year, the other two were the Raiden and Hayate, all are really nice to build, well engineered and a pleasure to build.

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc

7 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

The Ki 44, Ki 61, Ki 84, N1K2J, J2M and recent A6M5/A6M7 are good, accurately shaped and quite often easy to build if a little bit basic kits.

However, out of Japan, they are proportionally more expensive than similar kits from other manufacturers.

The old A6M5 and Ki 43 are now quite outdated.

Hi yes thanks. Tamiya is best pick for a Zero I believe. The online reviews were done in the nineties and naughtiest so I guess they were cutting edge then.

I’m looking for something less complicated than the ZM/ WNW kits as a break. Fuselages that just close up around the engine in a few pieces etc. 

Hopefully won’t be let down by the surface details but from what I can see looks pretty decent

Edited by Pup7309

4 minutes ago, dennismcc said:

I'm just finishing up the 1/32 scale Hasegawa N1K2-J kit the third Japanese WW2 kit that I have been building this year, the other two were the Raiden and Hayate, all are really nice to build, well engineered and a pleasure to build.

Cheers

Dennis

Good to know! I was thinking of the ki84, ki44 and Raiden 

I think the oldest, “new tool” Japanese kit is the Ki-84 Hayate.  That may be getting close to 20 but I don’t think it’s there yet.  I’d have to check the database to see though.

Yep, the Ki-84 was originally released in 2005, so only 15 years.  All the rest are newer.

Edited by Juggernut

I built the ki-84 years back and i have to say was a very enjoyable build. Has to be in my top 5 kit/results

The only thing i put was the eduard pe set

My only redo would be the antena

DSCN3361-1.jpg?dl=1

Edited by Neo