CSM Nieuport XVII Early, Matton

karimb

Haven't posted anything on LSP in a while as i have been using a different platform of late, so hello again!

First go at a CSM kit and i am happy to say they are very well designed. All paints either a mix of Tamiya or simply MRP colors. Wood is all brush painted using Tamiya paints thinned with MLT and using Tamiya retarder to minimize the brush strokes. All markings custom masks. Weathering with AMMO products and pigments, pencils for some of the chipping and Abteilung oils. Turnbuckles by gaspatch and of course the tubing is all from Bob's Buckles

regards,

Karim

IMG_6632-X4.jpg

IMG_6690-X4.jpg

IMG_6841-X4.jpg

IMG_6961%20copy-X4.jpg

IMG_6970%20copy-X4.jpg

IMG_6977%20copy-X4.jpg

IMG_7005%20copy-X4.jpg

IMG_7008%20copy-X4.jpg

Wow, that is so, so nice, I'm delighted you shared it with us on here, I very recently bought the two Russian Nieuport's, my first CSM kits, and very impressive they are too, but seeing one in all its glory, well, thank you Sir!

3 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Wow, that is so, so nice, I'm delighted you shared it with us on here, I very recently bought the two Russian Nieuport's, my first CSM kits, and very impressive they are too, but seeing one in all its glory, well, thank you Sir!

Thank you very much for your kind words! The kit is alot of fun just be careful with some of the attachment points or lack thereof. The top cowling and tail to cockpit assembly fit needs a bit of work but overall it is a lovely kit and well recommended. You’d be surprised how relatively small the aircraft is comparison with say an Albatros! Thanks for checking in!

On 6/23/2020 at 5:51 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Exceptional work by friend!

Really well executed, and a definite bump for me picking up one of these CSM kits.

Thank you Brian it’s always good to have you check in on my builds and leave such kind comments!

the kit is highly recommended!

On 6/23/2020 at 6:47 PM, monthebiff said:

Thank you for sharing Karim, what a stunning build as always.

Regards.Andy 

thank you Andy! It’s a pleasure to have you check in on the post!

11 hours ago, Uncarina said:

Karim,

Truly, your work is always impressive! I love what you’ve attained with that wood finish, and the complete airframe is a work of art.

Cheers,  Tom

thank you Tom for your kind words It’s a real pleasure to be able to share the build with all you guys on here. The wood brush painted is a technique i have been trying to work on lately its not difficult just takes a bit of practice and sorts out alot of the mess that comes with oils. I like it!