Scratchbuilt Bushmaster PMV 4x4: now with paint!

GMK

3 hours ago, Uncarina said:

It’s great to see this epic work come together!

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks Tom, appreciate the feedback. 

21 minutes ago, dodgem37 said:

Good show.  Is there a crane for that wheel & tire?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark. Absolutely, the davit is stowed on the front right of the vehicle. Installed, it looks like this:

HsWoCQq.jpg

Redid the radio rack and power distribution tower for the fourth - and last(!) - time. Added the ammunition holders. 

isEMmm9.jpg

Priming has revealed some areas for cleanup. 

Antenna mounts were used as adaptors for various jammers, satcom antenna, blue force tracking etc. The variety of these adaptors add a bit of interest. 

28dOARj.jpg

More to come. 

On 12/3/2020 at 6:35 PM, GMK said:

Thanks Tom, appreciate the feedback. 

Thanks Mark. Absolutely, the davit is stowed on the front right of the vehicle. Installed, it looks like this:

HsWoCQq.jpg

ahhhh i see what that pipe is for now, very interesting

Coming along nicely

Refining the design of the fuel tank & winch over the course of the Saturday morning. The previous iteration of the fuel cell/tank didn’t have the support structure included, so that was a work package that needed to executed. 

2ZU44nb.png

The perforated support structure is visible in this underside view. 

gNRkjHE.png

Edited by GMK

Well, nine months is a long time! I downloaded my CAD program in March, and have been learning ever since. 

Here is an example of how improving skills & understanding improves the outcome. In this case, the fuel cell & battery box. The far right print is the most recent & will be used once cleaned up. 

udXRT9j.jpg

The most recent one (RHS) includes the support structure & mud flap for the winch. 

9UHEP38.jpg

Most substantial difference is the underside, which will likely be invisible when all is done. 

ZNk76XY.jpg

Changing gears, here’s a camouflage cover for the mud-flaps, using decals from a mate to represent the hexagonal camouflage on the prototype. The decal was applied over lead foil to represent the canvas itself. I’ll clean these up once dry. 

GlfLVIp.jpg

Lastly, I modified aftermarket resin Australian water jerrycans for the side stowage. These are a bit wide, so were hacked up to fit. 

wNdk8F1.jpg

Lovin' this.  I would think stowing exposed ordnance is an accident waiting to happen.

Here is an example of how improving skills & understanding improves the outcome. 

What is your difference between before and after?  Is it that your drafting skills improved?  Or that you understand the capabilities and printing processes of your machine better?  Or something else?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

22 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Lovin' this.  I would think stowing exposed ordnance is an accident waiting to happen.

Here is an example of how improving skills & understanding improves the outcome. 

What is your difference between before and after?  Is it that your drafting skills improved?  Or that you understand the capabilities and printing processes of your machine better?  Or something else?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

G’day Mark. Thanks for commenting. 

Re. Explosive ordnance stowage - the theory is that it’s better stowed outside of a confined space jam-packed with squishy human types. I believe most 84mm warheads are NATO insensitive munitions compliant; that is, the warheads won’t detonate unless properly fuzed. They may deflagrate, of course. The propellant would combust, but that shouldn’t perforate the hull. 

I guess it’s a combination of knowing how to orient & slice the design for best results and drawing with a better appreciation of the capabilities of the resolution of the machine. 

Edited by GMK