Three 1/24 WWI kits from I Love Kit and an 1/18 SBD

Kagemusha

32 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

All this potato humor is really yamming it up here guys.

Really have to keep your eyes peeled for such nonsensical things. Getting to the root of the problem can be the main issue when trying to mash things up, or it really can take the starch out of you.

Bravo, well played that man

Richard

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

All this potato humor is really yamming it up here guys.

Really have to keep your eyes peeled for such nonsensical things. Getting to the root of the problem can be the main issue when trying to mash things up, or it really can take the starch out of you.

You know, when one of those Spuds hit the ground it got really mashed. Hard to imagine those aircraft sitting in the sun all day, they must have really gotten baked.

On 6/20/2020 at 7:44 PM, Astro32 said:

I might go for the Spud XIII. 24th I believe is the perfect scale for WWI subjects. Just call me Tater Salad.

Interesting point on scale: Whilst the fighters are nice in larger scales a Bloody Paralyser or a Gotha G.IV would present most with a space challenge.... :o.  In the John Alcorn Book 'Scratchbuilt' he makes the point that 1/24th is probably the smallest scale within which every detail can be seen. I've often wondered whether that conclusion was due to the limitations of what could be done at the time (and those scratchbuilt models of George Lee, Alcorn et al are amazing) or is 1/24th a genuine limitation?

For me and with the space I have for display I'm happy with the relatively large range of what we have in 1/32. Being the curmudgeon that I am I only wish that Tamiya and others had seen fit to do armour and other vehicles in the same scale rather than what appears to have been the arbitrary choice of 1/35 scale. 

Edited by Archimedes
Typo